3.05 | the betrayal

I WON'T GIVE HER THE CHANCE TO HELP THEM.

There wasn't much time to worry about the outcome of Zed's home interview

There wasn't much time to worry about the outcome of Zed's home interview. All too soon, the time came to head to the venue for the National Cheer Off Championship. The Seabrook squad bought new uniforms for the performance, which Carson changed into before carefully walking around. Most of the audience hadn't arrived, giving the witch plenty of time to scout the area and keep an eye out for the aliens.

Carson knew they were somewhere — she could feel the magical charge given off by their stardust spark. But before she found them, she stumbled upon Addison, who wasn't with the rest of the squad and warming up. Instead of going up and instructing her to join the others, she watched her cousin, who was staring up at the Cheer Cup and whispering to herself, seeming to realize something as she did.

"Those symbols. That's the alien language," she murmured, causing Carson to look at the trophy in confusion. There were odd-shaped markings that seemed to originate from the aliens, but it made no sense as the trophy didn't come from outer space. "The Seabrook Cup. Of course! That must be where my grandma hid the map to utopia! The aliens have to win it or I do."

"Map?" Carson said under her breath, not making sense of it. But it sounded like Addison wanted the aliens to have the Cup, and she wouldn't stand for that.

Addison, who somehow seemed more determined, went off, unaware of how Carson watched her. The witch moved on after that, going after the aliens she knew were just around the corner. When she found them, she did not approach the group that stupidly decided to show up and compete. The rest of the pack would be here soon enough, and the extraterrestrials would not escape this time. They'd wait until the time was right to expose them in all the ways they could to ensure the town never trusted them again and chased them from the planet entirely.

The group of aliens were just behind the stage and talking with Bucky of all people. He knew he couldn't do anything about the aliens going after the moonstone, but he could at least try to psych them out — even if it wasn't working. Carson watched from afar with a cold glare on her face.

"Oh, yes. She is beautiful," Bucky said, seeing out the aliens were eying the trophy. Addison was right, it seemed, about how badly they wanted it. "Too bad you'll be way too nervous to win her when the pressure is on!"

"I look forward to being nervous," A-Spen said brightly, unbothered by his comment altogether.

"Eat my stardust, Seabrook," A-Lan added. Then he grinned giddily. "Did I correctly talk trash?"

Bucky nodded uneasily in response and watched as the group walked off, steering clear of the direction Carson was in. Then her brother looked up at the Seabrook Cup. "Farewell, sweet bling," he whined.

Carson rolled her eyes at how he was already giving in, but then he noticed something new and shiny that distracted him. Before she could come out of hiding and even describe what it was, Bucky picked up a Luma Lens that was sitting with the aliens' things.