The Essence of Solitude

'Time is almost up, let's do this.'

Will had concentrated multiple energies into the sword. Life Force, Sword Yuan, Water Yuan and Sword Intent were packed into a complex structure made out of Water Intent. This structure was within the Ice Sword. This was why Will created an Ice Sword instead of using the rusty katana. So he could have a weapon he could freely imbue with Water Intent. To the point where he could create a 'Water Intent Channel System' which also acted as a skeleton for the Ice to attach to.

The skill Will was about to use was made by a Water type swordsman, so it fit Will quite nicely.

'I need to see what it's like to face a swordsman like me. I have to put all my effort into this. No messing around Will focus.

Will was a soft young man who tried as much as he could to remain positive. No matter what lemons were thrown his way he had to make lemonade.

'I had a nearly perfect childhood in terms of needs. Dad did his duty, now it's my turn to do mine.'

If Will had a choice, he would rather not have the fate of his home planet on his immature shoulders, but now it's time to man up.

'Like Dwayne Carter said, I have to look in the face of death and take its mask off!'

Will tightened the grip on his sword. He hadn't mastered the technique he was about to use. He couldn't even use the chant. If he did he would just be talking. A chant was a type of Matrix that resonated with the Dao resulting in supernatural phenomenon. To use a chant requires knowledge of the technique or natural talent in the field. In this regard, Will believed he was only lacking the effort.

Will could feel power surging into the sword, using his body as a conduit. It was a complicated process that the boy made look easy. Will's heart tightened as he decided to take action. World energy rumbled within him but in the outside world it became eerily silent, like an abandoned graveyard.

'Harmony in the mind, chaos in nature. The Dao begot one. One begot two. Two begot three. And three begot the ten thousand things. The ten thousand things carry yin and embrace yang. They achieve harmony by combining these forces.'

Will finally took action. He stepped forth and his figure blurred!

....

"System, increase Simulation Perception to 100 percent. I want to completely feel what is around that boy."

Responding to Hercules, the room's environment was now like Will's. Nothing in the room had physically changed, but the air, energies and environmental disposition belonged to that of Will's location. It was a cinch for divine beings like themselves to sense both their room and Wills area

Swoosh!

Will's figure was now a step ahead, already in the final pose of a downward swing.

Swoosh!

A blade light materialized as soon as Will did. It went straight through the pillar like a hot knife through butter. The blade light was a dull black, one that lacked any sheen whatsoever. Even the presence of the blade light was weak.

If an ordinary person were to be there, they would have barely felt anything. No energy suppression, no force field of any kind. Barely anything. But there was a select group of people who could identify something within that blade light. As soon as it was produced, no one watching, not Adelda, not Hercules, not even Narcissus would refute that inevitable outcome.

"The person the pillar will produce will be an absolute powerhouse."

Rumble! Rumble!

As the pillar fell apart, one saw it split into two. The top half had fallen, and during its fall, it also destabilized its much shorter counterpart. Resulting in two pieces with superbly clean surfaces created from a sharp edge. Will allowed the now brittle ice sword to disperse. He wanted to observe his work.