Chapter 10

20 votes for this amazing chapter? ;) And the twist you're about to see ;D

-Vote, comment, enjoy!

Chapter 10

"Allan?" My brows furrowed at the man standing outside my window.

He made a motion for me to roll down my windows. I complied even though I didn't want to, but his appearance sparked my curiosity, so why not?

"What are you doing here?" My brow furrowed further when he reached a hand and scratched the back of his head.

It was as if he couldn't find the words to say what he wanted to, but when he did, I was in a state of shock.

"Your Mom..." The beginning of that sentence already had me dreading for what's to come.

It wasn't because I feared for my Mom's safety, no, the tone he was using implied something worse than that. Much, much worse.

"I bumped into her this morning and she seemed to know who I was..." He continued, he gave me a look that said "You've been talking about me?".

Oh god. I knew I shouldn't have trusted my Mom. She saw me the other day on his Facebook page and immediately started questioning me. The only reason I was flipping through it was to see if he had any bets going on or whatever that lead him to taking Lucy and I on the double date the day before. But I found nothing and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a good or bad thing. Anyway, I told my Mom that it was just a friend, but of course, with her being who she is, she automatically thought it was a new boyfriend. And also specifically told me, "Don't mess this one up!". Doesn't the boyfriends usually get that speech from their parents? Then when she was going to leave the room, she had a huge smile on her face and was saying something about "Those therapy sessions must be working!" and, "I should thank Dr. Saunders!" No. Those therapy sessions were far from helping me. After yesterday, I'm not sure what Damon now thought about my little escape act.

"Payton...?" I heard the clear of a throat.

My eyes snapped to the front of me to see Allan waiting slightly impatiently. He had a look that said he was expecting some sort of answer. He must have asked me something when I was zoomed out. I blushed.

"Erm... Can you repeat that?" I asked.

He sighed, showing some of his annoyance. Well, I guess that kind of nice Allan back at the double date was just a facade to trick Lucy into trusting him and Ryan. I've got to warn her not to tell Allan anything that he could use against me. That was probably his plan all along. Well played McKay, well played.

"Your Mom invited my family over for dinner." He was smirking in triumph now.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Why?" Was the first thing I blurted out when he finished talking.

I couldn't imagine my Mom inviting someone she had just met to our house for dinner, let alone their entire family.