ENDING 2 (LETTING GO) - ROUTE R

“When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.” – Maurice Maeterlinck

Khushi arrived at the alter accompanied by Anjali, Payal and Lavanya, Arnav almost in tears seeing his bride.

Rathore almost frozen in the place seeing her in this Lehenga.

He felt his breath got stuck somewhere in middle of his throat. Reminding him of his wedding with her.

Khushi was determined to not look at a certain person but she could not control her gaze.

Rathore’s eyes started to redden. Khushi could not stop her tears from falling. She hold the garland tightly in her hand and bit her lips.

Seeing her being like Rathore understand something went wrong. He decided to step back out.

She remembers..

“Don’t leave me, Tapasya. Please don’t make an orphan.” He plead.

“Why would I you? I am your wife and you’re my husband. We have vowed to be with each other for seven lives. I hope you won’t forget that.”

“I am your family. Don’t say you have no one. You have me.” She kissed his cheeks.

He froze, “I am not Orphan?”

“I said no!” She said in angry tone, cupping his face.

Khushi gives garland back to Payal, folding her hands together and apologise.
“I am sorry but this marriage is not happening. Please leave..” The guest starts to leaving.

“Khushi? Why? ” Arnav looked at her teary face.

“I’m sorry Arnavji.. I can’t get marry to you..”

“Why?”

“Because I KNOW ALL, I KNOW THAT BABUJI IS NO MORE… I KNOW THAT I am pregnant with Rathore’s child.” she yelled at the top of her lungs until the resentment in her chest started to dissipate. She grasped violently for air.

“I know.. Khushi we still can get marry.. He rap.. took advantage of you, it is not your fault.” He said.

Khushi looked at him in disbelief written all over her face. What hell is happening here?

Khushi collapsed weakly to the floor. Burying her face in her knees, she started to cry.

“Khushi?” Payal hold her and caress her back.

Her sobbing stopped for a moment before continuing.

She looked up at them and said with teary face.

“I was married to that man Jiji.. He is my husband.. I was with him for last years! I didn’t remember anything. He mistook me for his wife who looks exactly like me. When he got to know the truth he didn’t hide them, he told me. I was so dependent on him, I was in love with him so I decided to marry and settle down with him. Then he got diagnosed with brain tumor.”She told them.

“He deceived me and send me here, I forgot him after seeing Arnavji.. He wants to die all alone.” She said with teary face as Payal supports her.

Nani cried silently with mami who is holding her tears back.

Khushi stood up and looked at Arnav asked him..

“Arnavji? I can please go to him? You have Nani, Di, Jeejaji, Jiji, nk, Mamiji, Mamaji.. He only has me.. Can I..” She pleaded.

“Go Khushi..” He said with sad smile. He will be waiting for her until she needs him.

Khushi ran towards the way Rathore went.