Chapter 37

Sydney's POV

Brooks laid beside me and held me in his arms, our limbs were tangled together as we both breathed each other in. I felt a shakiness in my legs left over from the high I just came down from but what left me the most uneasy was the pounding in my chest. I didn't think it was possible for me to want him more than I already did. His eyes made me melt, his touch made me set fire and as I could feel my love for him grow I knew how dangerous it was to give this much of myself to him. As much forgiveness as I could offer him, as much love as he could give to prove he wouldn't hurt me, the distance that's been created between him and his family still left a worry in my gut. Trying not to let that ruin this moment I rubbed my hand down Brookss' arm and watched the goosebumps rise and fall on his skin. The silence was interrupted when I heard my phone buzzing from my sweatshirt that was now on the floor. 

"Ignore it," Brooks said quietly as if the world was trying to steal this moment away from us. 

"It could be Quinn," I told him with a kiss. 

I opened the message, 

We're gonna Uber back to the hotel, are you staying here? -Q

"Quinn asked me if I was staying here or going back with them?" I let the question hang in the air unsure of what Brooks would want. 

"There's no way I'm letting you out of this bed." Brooks smiles at me and I blush. 

Yeah. I'm gonna stay. Call me in the morning. XO -S

I put my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and curled back up against Brooks's chest. 

"So, are you tired?" I asked him. 

"Not even a little bit." He chuckled. 

I reached across the bed and grabbed the shirt he had on and slid it over my head. 

"If I let you steal that shirt do I get my sweatshirt back?" he asks me. 

"Nope. Not a chance" and I lay on the bed next to him propped up onto my side as he curls his hand behind my neck pulling me down for a kiss. 

"They look better on you anyways," he whispers. 

For the next several hours we lay in Brookss' bed talking and laughing. We wrapped ourselves in the blankets, kissed, cuddled, and fell asleep in each other's arms. 

***

I woke up feeling like an elephant was laying on my bladder and when I slowly peeked my eyes open I realized it was Brooks's leg but with my insane urge to pee it sure felt like an elephant. 

I slipped out from underneath him, slipped on the shorts laying across his desk chair, and snuck out the door to the bathroom. When I tiptoed back into his room Brooks was raising his head from his pillow, sleep still heavy in his eyes. "Hey, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I whispered. 

Without saying a word he pulled the blanket up gesturing me to join him back in bed which I complied with very quickly. He wrapped his long arm back around my waist and pulled me close. "Someday I'm going to wake up to you every morning. I don't think I have ever slept as good as I did last night." Brooks confesses while nuzzling his face into my neck with a sleepy smile spread across his face. 

My heart fluttered but I tried to keep my tone calm, "I think you'd get pretty sick of me." 

"There's no way I would ever get sick of you. Someday we're gonna fall asleep in each other's arms every night and every morning I'll get to wake up to your beautiful face. I'll bring you a cup of coffee in bed and then you can make me breakfast." he smiles.