Five

SELAH AMIR WILLIAMS
(19) South Carolina

Kalem Myers 

"No mama you just said you wasn't hungry"kam groaned moving his plate away from Selene.

"Don't start"he mugged her quivering lip and she busted into tears. Kam sighed setting his plate down and picking up Selene to walk them into their room.

I glanced over at Kalem to see him knocked out on the opposite couch.i slightly smiled at his small lip pout.

I stood up and walked to the hallway closet to grab and small throw blanket. I threw the blanket over him.

I turned around but felt a firm grip on my waist. "Where you going"Kay cleared his raspy voice.

"To my room"I spoke low as he lowered me on his lap. "You sleepy"he asked lifting my thighs to grab the cover from underneath me.

"No"I shook my head playing with my fingers.

I was nervous because Kalem sat me in his lap. Kalem wasn't super big on touching unless he was sleepy and I've Learned that the past 2 days.

"Ok turn something on to watch"he handed me the remote out his pocket. "Do you know what's wrong with kam and nene"I asked Kalem shifting in his lap lay my head on his chest.

"No"he shook his head. Kam swore up and down that Kay and him were close but I don't really think they are.

"So he hasn't vented to you about their relationship or anything?"I questioned pulling the blanket over my arms

"Nahh, why wassup tho?"he asked opening his eyes. "Nothing they just seem a little off and distant with each other"I shrugged. I knew nene was hiding something from me but I couldn't figure it out.

"It's not really my business or yours unless Selene comes to you about it"he said hugging my waist.

"I guess"I nodded.I lifted my head a lil bit to see the tv.

I went to Hulu and scrolled threw my stuff. I picked John wick 3 the best one in my opinion.

"Really Bug?"kay asked teasing me with a nickname he heard Selene call me.

"Really Kalem Anthony Davis"I turned around to clap back. "Myers"Kalem corrected his last name and rolled his eyes.

"Don't catch an attitude I didn't know I just assumed you and kam had the same last name"i rolled my eyes at him.

"Stop assuming"he shrugged. "Stop catching an attitude every time I say something to you"I  began to sit up but Kay wouldn't let me up.

"Stop running away from your problems"Kalem mugged her hard with his famous head tilt.

"I don't run away from my problems I simply let them go"I slapped his hands from around my waist.

I scooted over and sat on the couch. "Petty ass bitch"I heard Kalem mumbled so I reached over and slapped him in his mouth.

"Stop calling me out my name!"i got frustrated and Kalem snatched me up by my shirt and pinned me on the arm of the couch.

"Don't ever put yo hands on me like you run shit"he gritted making me roll my eyes.

"Kalem get off her and let her go"I heard kam say. "Stupid ass bitch"Kalem bucked at me and wiped his mouth.

"Jump scare bitch ass nigga"I stared at him then fake jumped. Once he walked away I felt my face get hot.

Tears ran down my face while kam gave me a side hug. "How do you deal with his disrespectful ass?"I asked genuinely having my feelings hurt.

"....Ion know, that's my brother and I love him no matter what. I think that's the problem"kam sighed crisscrossing his skinny legs.

"Can I ask you a question?"kam asked looking up at me. "Uhh sure"I wiped my tears away.

"Do you like him"he asked. "As a frien-cut the bullshit"he cut me off making me chuckle and kam smile.

"Yes"I sighed. "Just be patient, I know he has a smart mouth and kinda aggressive but he means good he has a good heart I promise"he smiled.

"You just have this affect that keeps him smiling"

"He stays with a mug on his face but loosens up around you he allows himself to have fun and laugh"kam nodded listening to his own words.

"He likes you alot so be patient"kam held his hand out for a dap.

"I will, but imma keep popping his big ass every time he calls me out my name"I shrugged.

"That's fine he needs someone like you"kam laughed. "Yeah yeah but what's wrong with you and Selene?"i asked.

"I couldn't tell you if I wanted to because I don't know either"he shrugged. "She just became so clingy and emotional, I thought it was her period but I don't know what else to think"he sighed fidgeting with his hat.

"Maybe she's worried about something she seen or heard that's causing her to be clingier"I questioned.

"I never cheated on her, if that's what you're implying"kam stared at me with a bored look. "I hope not"I chuckled.

"Bye lil girl"kam dapped me up and walked upstairs.