18: 'A duvet day...'

My bleeding and pain had subsided dramatically, but I was still feeling extremely mentally and physically exhausted. All I want to do is sleep, which isn't like me at all, I despise staying in bed because it makes me feel as if I'm wasting the opportunity to make memories.

I slowly lift myself up from my lying position when I hear a small knock on my bedroom door, 'C-Come in.'

My eyes widen when Rocky comes into my bedroom, he's wearing a black tight-fitted gym top along with black running shorts. 

'H-Hi, I wasn't expecting to see you.'

He nods slowly, 'I was in the neighbourhood, I thought I would check and see how you are doing.'

I shrug, 'I'm managing.'

He frowns slightly, 'Managing?'

'W-Well, I still don't really feel like myself yet but I'm trying.'

'You don't have to try, if you don't feel ready to try. It's okay to be sad for a while.'

'I-I don't really like the idea of sitting around and being sad when I know that I've still got something to be grateful for. B-But today, I just feel completely exhausted. L-Like it literally feels as if my body is on fire.'

Rocky moves closer before he sits on the edge of my bed, 'Have you been struggling to sleep?'

'Y-Yeah, between the pain and constantly being sick throughout the night. I've not really had the chance to sleep, p-plus I've got so many assignments I still have to hand in, I l-literally feel as if I'm going crazy.'

'Can you not speak to your teachers and see if they can extend any of your deadlines?'

I let out a shaky breath, 'T-These are already extended deadlines, I-I don't know what's happened to me, I used to be so organised, and I-I actually enjoy doing schoolwork, but right now I feel as if my mind won't switch off from everything else.'

He rubs the back of his neck, 'I know, I'm not the smartest but is there anything I can do to help?'

I frown deeply, 'Of course, you are smart. Don't put yourself down.'

'Trust me, I'm really not,'

'Well trust me, you really are.' I say softly.

'So, is there anything I can do to help?'

'N-No not really, I'm trying to just have a little bit of a duvet day, so I can let my body rest.'

His eyebrows knit together, 'What's a duvet day?'

I gasp dramatically, 'Robert James, how do you not know what a duvet day is?'

He wrinkles his nose, 'Don't call me Robert.'

I flash him a teasing grin, 'But I like calling you Robert.'

'Well, I hate being called Robert.'

'But it's so pretty!'

He rolls his eyes, 'Are you going to explain to me what a duvet day is?'

'Basically, you get your favourite snacks, lie in bed all day and watch some comfort movies. B-Brooke always used to let us do this whenever we felt too mentally drained to go to school.'

'That actually sounds like a nice thing to do.'

I pat the empty space besides me, 'You can join me, if you want. As long as you are not too busy or anything, there's literally no pressure at all!'

He pauses for a few moments, 'No, I can stay for a little bit.'

I smile softly at his as kicks of his shoes before sitting down next to me on the bed, 'Are you in a tv series or movie kind of mood?'