Twenty.

Authors Note: okay so technically it's Thursday, since it's 6 minutes past midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning....

It's Thanksgiving, so happy Thanksgiving, turkey day, feast day or whatever you want to call it!

Comment something your thankful for.

I'll start. - I'm thankful to have such a wild imagination and to be a part of a community of writers and readers who share my very same passions. I am thankful to have such wonderful books to completely immerse myself in here on Wattpad  thank you to my readers, especially the commenters and voters who motivate me to work toward finishing what I started.

I hope you all fill your bellies and spend quality time with the ones you love.

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃♥️

...
..
.
..
...

"Viviana" The faint voice called again.

"Why is it taking so long for her to wake?" I recognized Phaèryon's displeased voice as I laid still, not trying to alert them that I'd woken.

"My King, I'm doing the best I can with the orders I've been given. This procedure has never been tested before." I realized the faint voice was Renasha.

"Her vitals are in order. Our code has bonded well with her own." Renasha finished.

My code?

"I want her under a perpetual watch until she wakes. You are to document any and all symptoms that may be related to this procedure. Inform me immediately if anything occurs." Phaèryon ordered. He was more than annoyed that I hadn't woken yet, possibly concerned?

How long had I been out?

"Yes my King." Renasha confirmed.

I waited a few moments for him to leave before I called out to her.

"Renasha." I whispered. She immediately grabbed for her communicator.

"Wait." I spilled out with urgency, my body jerking forward with a new found quickness. I nearly fell off the foot of the table I found myself on. It was the same black stone as everything else in the ship, the same boring darkness in another one of the Anaxis's endless rooms.

"Don't call him yet." I pleaded with my hands out infront of me. Before she could answer a pissed off Radeon growled at Renasha from the doorway.

"What did you do?" He targeted Renasha with his accusatory tone. His huge muscles bulging with each angered step he took into the room. He closed in on Renasha. She held her arms up against her petite body as if it would protect her.

"Radeon. You're not supposed to be in here!" She tripped over her words, visibly nervous infront of Radeon, as she should be.

That man is.. Savage.

I quickly got up, intending on shielding Renasha from any Ill intentions that Radeon might have had. Unfortunately it was much quicker than I anticipated, again. I suddenly found myself falling out of the air. I closed my eyes and waited for impact.

"Renasha, what did you do!?" The concern in his voice was thick from above me. Radeon had caught me before I hit the ground, now kneeling over my linear body, looking me over for injuries. His short black hair barely fell to his eyebrows.

"We've altered her genetic makeup to ensure she can survive on Anok." Her answer was directed toward Radeon.

"How do you feel?" Renasha turned her attention toward me.

"You what?" - "You did what?" Radeon and I spoke at the same time.

For the first time since entering the room, Radeon stopped his bull in China shop act and actually looked at me. As if he was trying to understand how this mind blowing piece of information affected me. After a few moments of silence between the three of us, I spoke.

"Can I still survive on earth?" My voice was so quiet that I barely heard myself.

"Oh, extraordinarily well. The elements of earth are much less harsh than Anok." Renasha seemed proud of her accomplishment.

I was a seemingly perfect experiment...

"If she ever makes it there." Ninak's sharp heels clicking on the ground almost covered the sound of her annoying voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Radeon shot back. He seemed just as annoyed by her presence as I was.

"It means I'm competing for the better Alpheyon." She declared while sending me a sharp glare and turning her nose up at Radeon.

"I don't particularly care to have either of them." I tried to brush off the nerves that creeped their way up the back of my neck. I didn't want to to compete for anything, let alone a "mate" that I didn't even know.

"That's not an option. You either win or you die Viv." Radeon surprised me with my old nickname, his voice was uncharacteristically sincere.

Time seemed to slow as I remembered my mother used to call me Viv..

"I'm not dying." I clarified to them both.

"I can guarantee you that." The words hid behind my breath, spoken quietly so only I could hear it. It was meant for me, a testament to myself that I was determined to live.

"We'll see about that." Ninak scoffed as she folded her arms and turned to leave.

"Renasha. I want a private room, can that be arranged?" I turned my back on the two intruders and faux smiled at Renasha.

"The King will not approve." She spoke uncomfortably.

"Why the fuck not?" Radeon answered for me once again. Our thoughts seemed to be on the same page.

"It would be a risk I'm not willing to take." Phaèryon looked pointedly at me as he entered the doorway.

"What did you do to me?" I glared, my eyes unable to hold back the disgust that I felt for him now that I understand just how little he cared for an individual's right to choose what happens to their own bodies.

"I made you better in every way. Not only can you now thrive on earth.. You can also survive on Anok should you win the Rivalry and journey home with me."

"I'm not leaving earth and I'm not sleeping in your bedroom anymore." I pointed my finger at Phaèryon and felt warmth spread through my body, a red hue emitted from around me.

"Viviana, take a breath. Your heart rate is skyrocketing and you're going to lose control." Renasha urged me to calm down, but the warmth I felt was comfortable and I wanted more.

"Look at me! Look what you've done!" I held my arms out, exposing my body for everyone to see. Their eyes wandered around me, taking note of the glowing red markings all over my body.

"Viv.. If you don't calm down-"

"She can't calm down. Humans feel their emotions with much more intensity. Evacuate the room and seal it for detonation." Phaèryon cut off Radeon, who scoffed at his orders.

"You can't just leave her to her own effusion." Radeon objected.

"What's happening to me!?" I screamed as my skin now burned instead of the comfortable warmth I craved.

"Get out, now." Phaèryon ordered again, this time his own skin glowed red.

"You're going to be okay, Viv. Breathe. Just breathe." Radeon tried to comfort me as he was forced out the door.

My skin got hotter, I felt like I was losing control of everything, like my body was going rouge. Like I was going to experience a thermal meltdown.

"Eerraaahhhhh!!!" I screamed as I felt myself release.

My vision went completely white, my ears left ringing.