Home is a Privilege

Your energy is currency. Spend it well. Invest it wisely.

"Did you ever want to do something other than join the Seals?" Nick asked as they sat on the window seat, eating the dinner he had made.

"I wanted to be an artist," Lei admitted.

"What made you join the Navy instead?" he asked curiously.

"My mom. She was in the FBI. Made all of her money writing mystery novels in her free time, but never left the FBI because she felt she was making the biggest impact there," she smiled.

"So, what do you think of dinner?" Nick asked, changing the subject.

"These ribs are amazing! They're spicy and sweet" Lei grinned, grateful for the yummy food.

"Spicy Dr. Pepper Ribs," Nick chuckled.

"That's where all the Dr. Pepper cans came from!" Lei laughed, remembering seeing the cans in the recycling.

"Thank you again for letting me stay here, especially since I took up most of your day today. You probably had better plans for your last weekend here," Nick blushed.

"Let's make a deal for my last week here; we are completely open to each other. No strings, but we're honest with each other about how we feel" Lei smiled, setting the empty plate down.

"We just met last night," Nick chuckled, "Are you serious?"

"Completely. I won't be able to do this for over a year while I'm training, and you're still settling into DC. What do we have to lose?" Lei smiled, sitting forward.

Nick just smiled as he sat forward as well and kissed Leilani. He was happy to come home to Leilani for the week and enjoy being open with someone. Something in Nick told him that Leilani would be someone he'd compare every woman to after her. The couple pulled away from each other as they heard the bamboo plates clattering down the stairs.

 The couple pulled away from each other as they heard the bamboo plates clattering down the stairs

"I'll take that as a yes," Lei chuckled as Nick hopped down to pick up the plates.

"An absolutely. Now, I'm going to clean up," Nick smiled, climbing up the stairs to kiss Lei, "And then we'll pick up where we left off."

"You cooked. I can't let you clean," Lei argued, swinging her legs onto the steps.

"Go get into something comfortable while I clean," Nick countered, "I want to spoil you this week. Can I call you Jem?"

"Fine, meet me upstairs when you're done then. I'll pick a movie for us to watch." Lei smiled, walking up the stairs, "Only you can call me Jem."

"Deal," he agreed, walking down the stairs to the kitchen.

As Lei stood in her walk-in closet trying to decide what to wear, she could hear Nick in the kitchen cleaning up. LJ wanted to be comfortable but still, feel cute in what was on her body. She was about to give her search up and just put on a t-shirt and shorts when Lei noticed a black sleep dress shoved into the back corner of her dresser. Just as she lay on the bed to find a movie, Lei could smell popcorn from downstairs and hear Nick rummaging around in the pantry. It had been about twenty minutes since Lei had gone to change, and Nick went to do the dishes when LJ finally heard Nick on the stairs.