Getting Lost In The City

Alastor has plenty of unwritten rules when it comes to you. He has never really told you what they were but he never really had to because you could often tell what they were. Most of them you learned the hard way and today, my dear readers I'll tell you about rule number 3.

"Never go to the city without supervision"

But if you read the title of this chapter you know what's coming lmao. But enough fourth wall breaking.

So once upon a fucking Monday, you were strolling down the driveway. Why? Because no one could stop you, at this point, you had lived in Hell for a couple of months but you had never been in the city. Ok, you had BEEN in the city but never properly explored it. So you decided that today was the day!

Most people would agree that children shouldn't be walking alone in the city without an adult but every adult at the hotel was busy so you decided that YOU were the adult today. besides Alastor has shown you where all the vital organs are.

Fast forward to the city. You weren't sure where you ended up exactly, but it looked like a shopping district. There were a lot of different stores selling things like clothes, electronics, weapons, food, and other things. You even walked by a pet shop with a lot of cute and murderous animals next to a butcher shop displaying unusual-looking meat in the windows. You walked and walked until you arrived at a large park filled with trees, benches, and people. You stopped by a lady that was feeding the demonic doves with chunks of meat, you wanted to feed the doves as well so you walked to the bench and sat next to her.

A couple of hours later you were still sitting on the bench with the old lady (whose name was Gertrude). You both ran out of meat a long time ago but you enjoyed each other's company. She told you about her time when she was alive, why she was in Hell (murder and arson), and even how she died (she was shot). and in return, you told her about your short life on earth, why you were here, and your life in Hell. Gertrude was rather surprised that you were being taken care of by the radio demon, especially after you told her about how you met him (that's a story for another time). But she could tell that you liked being in Alastor's care so she stopped being worried. You now considered Gertrude to be one of your best friends.

Then you noticed that it was starting to get dark, so you bid farewell to Gertrude and you told her that you hoped you would see her again one day and Gertrude smiled at you in agreement. You walked through the park and into the city again and you started to walk around to find the hotel and then it hit you. You had no idea where you were and you could not see the hotel because of the tall buildings.

"shit," you said.

Meanwhile, at the hotel, Charlie had gathered everyone minus Alastor for an emergency meeting.

"ok don't panic," Charlie said while panicking "there has to be somewhere we haven't checked yet, it's a big building, and Y/n is a small child. Have we checked the kitchen?"

"yep." husk said "the bar and the dining area too"

"the bathrooms?"

"nada" Vaggie said as she grabbed Charlie's hand and squeezed it gently.

"the library?"

"yes! I also checked all of the empty rooms and floors" nifty said.

"outside!?"

"I even checked farther than the hotel grounds, nothing," angel dust said "should we just tell Al? I mean what's the worst that could happen" he shrugged.

"Are you NUTS!" husk exclaimed.

"always😏"

"Shut it! This is serious. You have not known him long enough to realize how fucking pissed he will be" husk took out a bottle of booze and drank it all. He shuddered at the thought of the last time Alastor got angry. Nifty shivered a little too.