This Is Falling, Falling In Love

What Georgia had witnessed by the toilets at the Beach Banger Party had been on her mind for a few days now. She'd been around Drew since then but now instead of seeing him as the usually dismissive antagonistic guy that's brooding all the time, she saw him as the secretly deep and sadly flawed guy that doesn't want to burden other's with his problems so either pretends like nothing is wrong or pushes them away. Georgia was still thinking about it at this very moment which considering her current surroundings probably wasn't the best time.

Jen had woken her up nice and early so they could go dress shopping for the end of summer pageant, wanting to get everything ready as soon as possible because other girls involved had apparently already been planning everything to do with themselves for months. For some people in Echo Beach, the end of summer pageant was their 15 minutes of fame. Jean had also woken up Dean because a dad or chosen guardian has to be there for the dress picking and in the process of everyone moving around the house, Joey was woken up as well. They'd all eaten breakfast and were out of the house before either Connor or Drew awoke from their slumbers.

Before Georgia knew it they were at an extremely bougie looking dress shop and Jen was collecting loads of dresses of all different shapes, sizes and colours and handing them to either Georgia or someone that worked there. Whilst Jen was making Georgia do that, Joey was simply sat on one of the chairs meant for spectating when someone came out to show their outfit. He was on his phone, not paying any mind to what was going on around him, the only time he ever lifted his head up was when a staff member came around offering complimentary drinks. The dress shop was mostly white, little bits of either pastel pink or gold dotted around in certain areas. It was mainly square shape with the checkout counter to your left as you walked in and racks upon racks of dresses to your right. In the centre of the room were the chairs where Joey was perched, a small catwalk sort of thing directly in front of him leading up to some curtains, Georgia currently behind those same ones getting herself ready. Apart from the lone odd browser, they were the only people in there, all the staff either stood around doing nothing or pretending to look through inventory. Joey didn't mind it here, it was clean and quiet, there were free refreshments and the more he thought about it, the more he assumed this is what the inside of his brain looked like.

Little did Georgia know but she wasn't the only being forced to try things on. Not wasting the opportunity, Jen pretty much forced Dean into the back part of the shop where the small collection of tuxes were located. Dean didn't really know why he'd need a tux but quickly gave in when Jen explained that he would need one if he was planning on attending the end of summer pageant as a guest and also that none of her husbands tuxes or suits would fit him because they were tailor made for his body and his body alone. In the end, Dean rolled his eyes and tried on a few tuxes, Jen biting her lip and making sure to remember how to breathe when she saw how good he looked. Dean very quickly reminded Jen of why they were actually here so she sighed before buying his tux and heading back to where Georgia was getting changed.

"Oh my god, you look amazing" said Jen as she walked around the corner, seeing Georgia stood in front of Joey. The satin dress being a pastel green colour that was strapless and tight around Georgia's body, showing off a lot of her curves. "I guess we know what colour goes best with your hair and skin tone."

"Thank you" replied Georgia, smiling and feeling really good about herself. "My mum also looked good in green as well."

"I thought you could only wear white to the pageant?" Wondered Joey, raising an eyebrow.

"Sadly that's true" responded Jen, sighing. "I mainly gave those different coloured dresses just to get a better sense of what size you might need."

"I know, I just wanted to try this one on the most" said Georgia.