VI

[Name] stared as Michael started to walk towards her.

It was as if her legs couldn't move, she was frozen, in a trance.

Michael continued towards her, finally stepping out of the shadows. [Name] looked up at the white mask, she couldn't see his face but she knew it was him.

Then her gaze moved down to his dark blue coveralls. Stained coveralls. She couldn't tell for sure it was blood but something told her that it was.

"Michael?"

He stopped advancing and stared at her. [Name] tried to look into his eyes, to see whether it was truly him, but they were shaded in the darkness of the mask.

"Michael is that really you?"

He kept still, not moving, and [Name] took this as her chance to run.

She bolted out of the house and onto the street, looking for help, but it was already late. Trick or treaters had gone home and people had shut themselves in for the night.

[Name] glanced behind her as she ran, she couldn't see Michael anywhere. This only made her panic more.

She slowed her pace down, trying to catch her breath and think but then she saw him. Already ahead of her and blocking the only path to the town centre.

[Name] went pale but she couldn't stop now. She turned and ran, but it soon dawned on her that she was running into the woods.

She looked over her shoulder to see Michael waking towards her. He was only walking but it was scary. It felt like he was taunting her, telling her that she could run but he would catch her.

That she couldn't escape him.

She kept on going, believing that she could hide somewhere until he was gone and then she could find help.

Michael on the other hand knew that she couldn't get away. He was already excited. [Name] remembered him after all these years. Now all he wanted was her back.

There was no way he was going to let her get away for a second time. When she had been taken from him back when they were children Michael was furious. He didn't want to feel that again.

That night he had already killed several people and he had gone after his little sister. Having failed to kill her he was already annoyed and chasing after [Name] made him feel even worse.

He knew she was probably scared. He was covered in blood and clutching a large kitchen knife which wasn't the most approachable of looks.

It hurt him to think she was scared of him. That's the last thing he wanted.

Michael just wanted the one person who stuck by him, the one person who never judged him. The one person who truly liked him.

[Name] had been running for quite some time and now her legs began to ache and breathing in began to feel like sharp pains in her lungs.

Not being able to continue, she stopped and started to swivel her head around to look at her surroundings.

[Name] couldn't see Michael anywhere which made her feel a little more at ease.

She had no idea what he wanted. From the looks of things, he wanted to kill her. [Name] didn't want to believe that was true but I seemed to be so.

Now another problem had presented itself, [Name] had run into the middle of the woods and was lost now.

It was dark and the cold autumn air felt suffocating at that moment. [Name] knew she shouldn't panic as that would only make things worse but it was hard not to.

She felt like crying when once again she saw Michael. He was standing a few feet away from her when she saw him, still clutching the large, bloody kitchen knife.

[Name] desperately wanted to know what he was thinking. There was no emotion present in his eyes, no rage, no sadness, nothing.

He just stood there and stared at her.

"Michael please! What do you want with me?" [Name] pleaded, panic starting to take hold

"Please just say something!" Her voice began to break

She didn't know whether it was her fear, or the icy cold taking hold of her but [Name] began to feel light headed.

Before she could react she had fallen to the ground.

She stared up into Michael eyes, silently pleading for him to let her go. She saw behind his mask his eyes visibly soften and a look a concern cross them.

Michael reached out to pick her up, gently moving his hands behind her back and under her legs, carrying [Name] bridal style.

Before she could say anything [Name]'s vision faded and she blacked out in Michaels arms.