21

Mumbo raised his shield, panic clearly in his gaze. "G-Grian—, I-I'm not sure if I can help. I can barely stay standing. That blast, the rubble—"

"It's okay. Stay behind me. Save as much energy as you can. And for goodness sake, you spoon, don't die!" The builder assured while raising his iron axe.

"You don't have to die, Mumbo! We can still help you!" Iskall said while lowering their weapon, stepping closer to the mustached redstoner. "You were one of us, but they tore you away. Our watcher can heal you. You have a chance to come back to our light! You know that we're right...You know that the Cult of the Silver Sun is right."

At this point, Mumbo's eyes were brimming with tears. Horror and stress had gotten to him, his body shaking as he wearily raised his only form of defense. "Y-You're wrong. She wants you to think that, b-b-but she's manipulating you all!"

Xisuma placed a hand on the Swede's shoulder. "They are lost souls, my friend. No amount of convincing will bring them to light. We can't save them."

"Are you seriously going to keep repeating the same lies to them?" Ex rolled his eyes at his brother, though he remained on guard with his iron sword raised. "Mom really made you a mini version of her, huh? I don't think I was that big of a suck up, even when I was brainwashed."

"Tsk. It's because you weren't meant to be the final version of our mother's creation. I was. You're nothing but a cheap knockoff."

"Enough of your bickering." Sylvia snapped her fingers together, the eyes on the masks of the brainwashed hermits beginning to glow with a silver light. She rose from her throne, her three eyes narrowed at the survivors. "I'm sick of these five. Paint this room red with their blood."

Xisuma barely took a moment to process the command, raising his sword to strike down his brother. Ex countered with his own blade, sparks flying as the metal clashed together. The admin's face turned to a sick grin as their swords were pressed against one another, silver magic beginning to surround his weapon.

"Oh, sh—" Ex nearly swore, though a blast of energy sent him flying clear across the room.

"Hurry and kill these four. I'll take care of Xanthus." Xisuma said as he walked past the survivors, focused solely on his brother.

Grian watched as the admin walked past without a care, heading towards his brother's body. He turned his head back to the army of hermits, only to raise his axe to block False from cutting him open. It was like a switch flipped, and suddenly the hermits were ready to fight.

Stress used her pickaxe to knock a diamond sword from Scar's hand, as she was left without a reasonable weapon to defend herself with. Joe had been completely helpless, Ex had taken his blade, though the southerner noticed the sword as it dropped to the ground. He slid across the floor on his knees, grasping the handle before Scar had a chance to recover.

Joe slashed the weapon, with no intent to harm one of his close friends, simply trying to keep a distance between them. "Stay back, Scar." He warned while getting back on his feet.

Bdubs shoved past the terraformer with his axe raised above his head, followed by Cub, Impulse, Doc, and Cleo. Joe knew that he wasn't the best at PvP, but adrenaline seemed to be flowing through his body. The world felt like it was moving in slow motion. He raised his weapon, slashing right at the haft of the axe. The cut was a clean hit with a large amount of force behind it, as it managed to slice the axe in two.

He copied what he saw Ex do earlier, pulling back before raising his leg to firmly plant a kick in the builder's stomach. Bdubs stumbled backwards while dropping his end of the broken axe, though it was softened due to the armor he wore. Doc lunged forward with a trident, giving Joe no chance to recover his balance from the kick.