Chapter Eighty Six

Seeing the sky was already dark, Jiang Ningbao was a little worried. Her mind suddenly had ideas. What wind, flowers, snow, moon. Those love poems that were sentimental nonsense were thrown to the back of her mind. She held the brush and quickly wrote her letter.

Ancient people liked being reserved and roundabout, but this letter was simple and straight-forward, even a little.....a little bold. When Jiang Ningbao wrote the letter, she wrote it without stopping and had no other feeling. But after she silently recited it in her heart, her face flushed and her ears turned red. Heat rushed to her cheeks and it was very warm and very hot.

"I just feel that my face is a little hot."

Jiang Ningbao could not help but touch her flushing face and muttered a little. Her delicate and beautiful face had red dusts and she appeared soft and beautiful, making others could not help but feel tender love.

She and Duke Ding had the marriage decree. Sending letters to each other was nothing forbidden, it even could deepen the feelings between the two people. Because of this, people who were engaged liked to give each other personal belongings or something like a fragrance pouch and others.

Jiang Ningbao rather liked conversing on papers, she could boldly unleash all of her. The embarrassing love words that she could not speak to Duke Ding, she could easily write it on the paper.

After thinking about it, Jiang Ningbao drew a heart on the letter. The words on the letter was clear and beautiful. It was worth the effort she put into practice this for ten years.

Jiang Ningbao had a motive for racking her brain to write a letter. She wanted sir duke to give her a reply and she also liked conversing using papers privately like this. She would then keep these letters and when she was old, she would take them out to reminiscence.

The only problem was the word she would use to address herself. If she directly used 'I', then it would feel a little dry. In the end, she decided to use the poetic form of 'I'. Many girls in the Dayue Dynasty also used that word.

Jiang Ningbao felt that word had a lingering charm.

It had the feeling of flirting together.

The sky outside the window had turned dark and candles were lit inside the room.

Jiang Ningbao blew the letter so the ink would dry and she carefully folded it and put it in a delicate pouch. She called Chun Xi and gave the pouch to her as she coughed lightly. She suddenly felt that her heart was beating and jumped fast as she pretended to be calm.

"Chun Xi, send someone to send this pouch to the Duke Ding Residence and give it to Sir Duke. Remember, you must give it to Sir Duke."

"Yes, lady."

Chun Xi obeyed respectfully, though her heart was curious what her lady wrote that she acted so secretive and had such a happy smile. She took the pouch and left the room. Outside, she quickly found a servant with quick and neat hands and feet to send the letter to Duke Ding Residence.

Night descended and lanterns filled Duke Ding Residence. Butler Zhao went to Duke Ding's courtyard with a smile. He gave the black clothed personal guard a delicate and pretty pouch.

"Xie Qi, this is the pouch Jiang fourth miss sends, it must be given to Sir Duke."

It's actually a pouch Jiang fourth miss sent. Xie Qi heard this and surprise flashed through his eyes. He nodded toward Butler Zhao and took the pouch with excited emotion, and then he went into the main courtyard.

In the main room, the candle light was bright, as if it was day.

Duke Ding who sat straight was flipping through the documents on the table seriously. The candle light illuminated the duke's cold and handsome stern face. The purple Buddhist bracelet he wore on his wrist reflected the light as if it had radiance shining under the candle light.

Xie Qi saw this and felt speechless. The duke was now engaged, already had a fiancee, but he was the same as before, not willing to relax even for a day. On the day he got engaged, he was still working at night.

Fortunately, Jiang fourth miss was enthusiastic and took the initiative. If not, how would they spend time in the future?

"Master, Jiang fourth miss sends you a pouch." Xie Qi respectfully spoke.

Once Duke Ding Xie Heng heard that the little lady sent him a pouch, the hand handling the document halted. He raised his cold and handsome face and spoke faintly, "Give it to me."

Xie Qi respectfully handed the delicate pouch.

Duke Ding Xie Heng took the pouch in his hand. It was a pouch embroidered with white magnolia and the embroidery was done well. There seemed to be something inside and Duke Ding was stunned. He opened the pouch carefully and took out a letter emanating faint fragrance.

The little lady wrote him a letter?

He opened the letter and read it. Duke Ding Xie Heng's pupils contracted and his heart beat violently and suddenly as his body stiffened. His expressionless face on his handsome face cracked and the hand holding the letter trembled.

Sir Duke:

Seeing you today, 'I' am very happy. Once 'I' thought that you are 'my' future husband, the heart jumps without stop. 'I' feel that it got sick heavily and aside from you, there is no other cure. Sir duke, can 'I' visit tomorrow to get the cure?

Remember to reply to 'my' letter.

Your most beloved fiance, Jiang Ningbao.

This little lady was really.....not reserved.

Duke Ding Xie Heng did his best to ignore the heat that rushed to his face and tried to be expressionless, but his mind could not help but remember the scene of the little lady winking at him in mischief when he went to propose. He felt that his heart was jumping high, as if it wanted to jump out.

Xie Qi coincidentally saw his master's hand trembling and he widened his eyes. His heart felt as if a cat scratched on it and he really wanted to see what Jiang fourth miss wrote in the letter that made his master who was stable and cold as ice to misbehave.

But he did not dare.

After reading the letter, Duke Ding Xie Heng put the letter into an empty box next to the table and he put his hand over his heart. He could feel those hidden crazy jumps of his heart.

He felt that his heart also fell sick. It jumped too fast, it was a bit abnormal.