~Chapter 20~-Kymari ark-

~Part three~

I felt dread well up Inside me as I saw a smoking pillar In the distance.

The smoke was coming from the direction of the lab.

My wingbeats slowed as I started surveying the ground ahead.

There were lights reflecting through the tree canopy. That was weird. Usually light only reflects off of things like mirrors or glass...

"Eunice, do you have any Idea what could have happened here?" I asked my alter, who had been surprisingly quiet the last couple of days.

"I have no Idea," Eunice said, surprisingly non-sarcastically. "but I've been feeling... dread. Something bad happened. I think we have to hurry."

my wings tried to flap harder, really struggling with the fact that I had, you know. only one eye at the moment.

I un-blocked the general mindlink that I had blotted out for the last few hours, and I was Instantly accosted by... mental noise? I guess that was a word for It...

Either way, the general mindlink was alive with buzz, yells, and strong emotions of fear and surprise.

Several dragonets were Instinctively sending loads and loads of mental Images of a devastated forest, broken glass everywhere... and a spaceship?

I felt fear and confusion flare through me, and accidentally leak Into the general mindlink. Then panic.

Had the aliens that wiped out the humans finally found us??? These questions could only be answered once I got to the breached lab.

"Uhgh... flying with one eye Is hard... CASEUS! I WAS ONLY GONE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS! HOW IN THE WORLD DID THIS HAPPEN?!" I hissed through the mindlink.

The dome came Into view, or rather... the broken remnants of the dome, scattered everywhere.

There were only about three Injured dragonets right by the crash sight, and I breathed a sigh of releif. It seemed that nobody was Injured to the point of dieing, because I could see all the others either outside the dome's encompassing area, or Inside the broken greenhouse, helping out others.

I dove and landed awkwardly next to a familiar, although not heavily Interacted with, sky blue dragonet with a dark blue underbelly, patterns, and spikes running down his neck sort of like mine.

This one Insisted on calling himself Bluefire, although everyone only called him his new name to his face. His real name was Micheal Suthcloud, bringing me back bad memories of my past life.

I had driven all the way out to Oklahoma to warn this guy, and he still somehow managed to get kidnapped only a week after I left to flee to utah.

My golden eyes searched around for caseus, before finding him next to Luke.

The gecko dragonet acknowledged my approach with a flick of his eartufts.

Luke jabbed Caseus hard In the ribs, and then gestured to me, something that I found somewhat amusing.

Caseus wheeled around and gave me an odd look, before It seemed- forcefully, making his face go stoec as usual.

"You never answered me when I asked you how In the world this happened," I said, deadpanning right back.

"Simple. It's not In this world." Caseus responded to my accusation, shamelessly making a terrible joke In the thick of disaster.

"Hardy har har," I said to my annoying friend. "How did It actually happen, please? I would appreciate more context than, 'it just did."