TJTBP - Chapter 9.

Welcome back Wattpad.

______

Chapter 9.

Gerard's POV

It felt wierd to die; like everything you ever knew was being ripped from your body and into shreds. Then it all went black. I was still fully awake, that much was sure. But everything around me wasn't.

I looked around, confused. I knew I was dead, I had tried to say 'I forgive you' to Frank, but then my chest closed up. Once again.

Then I saw a small light. It wasn't very big; maybe size of when you made an 'O' with your hand from where I was standing. But it was release from the darkness, so I started sprinting towards it.

Maybe that was what they meant when you see a white light in all those cliche movies involving death. I knew death all too well, and those meant nothing to the real meaning.

It was long; maybe 5 minutes of running. I was tired at the end of it, but I was also out of the darkness. I looked down at myself. I'd been in pajamas when I died, but now I was in black boots, a black leather jacket, and black skinnies; a typical outfit before I got my job.

Then I looked up.

The world was dark and gloomy and raining ash. Blimps were in the air that read the Black Parade. So this was what happened when you died? You returned to a memory and stayed forever?

Then again, I had been thinking about the Black parade as I died...

Things had been destoryed and were in heaps on the floor. The temperature was fair. How I realized that before was my bald head. Wait...

I ran around trying to find a reflection until finally I found a broken piece of barely tinted glass. Just enough for a reflection. I looked and my hair was back. My hair was back?

I was dressed in different clothes?

What was this place?

"When I was,

a young boy,

my father,

took me into the city,

to see a marching band..."

That sounded like my story.

I followed the sound of the singing. It sounded just a little softed than my own singing. That was odd. It wasn't long before I took off in yet another sprint, anxious to see where the song was coming from.

I stopped right in front of, what must've been, the actual Black Parade.

There was a big red float with a skull right in the middle of it. On top of it was a guy who looked exactly like me. White hair and everything. Surrounding him looked like the rest of My Chem. When had they died?

The look-alike continued singing.

"He said,

'Son, when

you grow up,

will you be,

the savior of the broken,

the beaten,

and the damned?"

This was getting freakier by the second. Look-alike saw me and winked. I watched. A woman in a gas mask and a wedding dress walked with two girls at her side, dressed in the same uniforms as the other guys, and they had the Revenge-era makeup over their eyes.

They continued to sing and I watched.

The Revenge girls came up and put a medal around my neck. It was huge. They kissed me both on the cheek and walked off back to gas mask lady.

When they finally finished, they all looked at me, especially my look-alike. He wouldn't stop smiling.

They stepped off the float orderly. Well, except look-alike Frank, who jumped off like a child.

Look alike me walked up. "Ah, my time has come, I see." He sounded just like me.

What was he talking about?

"Huh?" I asked, repeating my thoughts.

"Oh, I don't believe you heard. Which one of you would like to do the honors of explaining this?" L-A Me asked, looking around at the other guys. Look alike Frank stepped up.

"Well, all of you met at this very parade, just different members?" he asked. I nodded. He smiled. "Well, since this is all of your favorite memories of your childhood, when the rest of them die, they shall join you. Old or not, they will look like we do now and you will continue our generation of The Black Parade." He sounded confident, hands by side.

"So, now that you're here, I have to go. But first we must teach you to join the Black Parade." Me smiled. I smiled back.

"One question." I looked at them. They looked back, expecting. "Where are we going after this?"

"You're staying," Ray said confidently. "We're going to hell."

"But...why?"

"Because it's not our choice," Mikey grumbled.

"Then who's choice is it?"

"Nobody knows. We've been doing this for years now. We want this to end, trust me. Inside we're about a billion years old." Me smiled. My mouth gaped and he laughed. "I'm just joshing you. Maybe about 50 years older than you."

"So now you're going?" I asked, not really understanding. Me put a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I am. You're taking my place. And soon all of us will be gone, for the us of your generation will be taking our place."

"But I know nothing about this place. How am I going to be the front man?" I muttered.

"This is pretty simple. over there in the gas mask is Mother War, she's kind of the controller around here. Then the girls that kissed you are Fear and Regret. They're kind of sidekicks to Mother War. Then the rest are cancer battle losers like yourself." That made sense.

That would've been a fantastic album.

"Do I get a uniform?"

Me smiled at me. "Of course. I was just getting to that. Come along." He jumped back on the float and I followed him. He yelled to the crowd, "Who's got it?" Then somebody with a red mask and a torn up tux stepped up and produced the black and white uniform the guys were wearing.

Me walked back to where I was standing and smiled once again. I looked around at the other guys. They nodded. Me handed me the uniform and I took it. He looked proud. "Welcome to The Black Parade."