𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳.

Hey y'all 😃

Check Innn? 🫡

It was a cool Wednesday afternoon as Zainab sat in front of Gratz High school waiting to pick up her brother

Luckily for her, Zay wasn't working at the office downtown that day and she didn't have to make her way down to the salon til a couple hours later.

Since Saleem's school had half days on those days and getting a call from his coach that practice was canceled for the day, she decided to come pick him up and bring him back home since the car ride was only 10 minutes or so.

She sat in front of the school, Make a Mil playing from her Bluetooth while she hummed to the song and scrolled on Twitter.

A few minutes later the sound of doors opening could be heard as Leem emerged from the school soon after, making his older sister hit the unlock button.

Leem got inside of the car almost immediately after, giving the salaams to his sister as she softly greeted him back.

Starting her car up, she pulled off after that as the two briefly spoke.

"How was school?"

"It was chillin or whatever."

"Did you get all the missing homework and assignments from Ms. Rasheedah?" She asked, seeing him nod.

"Mm, she gave that jawn to me soon as I walked innat bitch.. big ass folder." He muttered that last part but she still caught it.

"Well you better get to it since you don't have practice today then." She replied, not continuing on with the conversation anymore.

The two siblings sat in silence after that, only thing that could be heard was PartyNextDoor's album.

Slight tension filled the car as Zay was still giving her younger brother the cold shoulder for everything she learned a few weeks back.

Throughout the whole two weeks she'd barely spoken to him, only speaking if need be and even then she was keeping the conversation short just like she was now.

Truth is Zainab was still very upset with Saleem and he knew it, however he didn't think she would carry on with her attitude for this long.

Leem was giving her space at first hoping she would calm down and the two would resume talking again without having to talk about It but he also knew his sister well enough to know that Zainab could be petty.

She could hold a grudge for a long time if need be, and seeing as it's going on almost two weeks now he knew she wouldn't be letting up any time soon.

"How long you gon be acting like this Zay?" Saleem finally asked, breaking the silence.

"Like what?"

"You know what, not tryna talk to me and shit since what happen." He replied.

"Talk to you for what? You don't listen to what I gotta say anyway so why waste my breath." She replied nonchalantly.