Chapter 3

We arrive to the college, and find our room. I step inside and see the blank walls, reminding me of Brianna's expression.

"Look I'm sorry if your mad at me about the whole Connor thing," I say.

She unzips her suitcase and begins taking things out, then she looks at me, "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad that you judged Connor before you even gave him a chance."

I stare at her in silence.

"I really am sorry. I'll try to give him a chance," I say.

She looks up at me once again, "Okay, as long as you're trying."

I smile and begin to unpack my suitcase.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Connor wanted me to give you this." She hands out a slip of paper and I take it.

"Its his phone number," she smiles. I blush of course. I don't know Connor, but the thought of a guy giving me his number just sets me off. I decide to text him.

"Hey," I say.

"Hi," he replies, just seconds later.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for acting so rude today."

"Rude? No. It was me, I was just sad that I wouldn't be able to see Brianna as much, now that she's off to college."

"I still feel bad. We should all go out to dinner sometime," I type. Im nervous to see what he will say, but I click send anyway. A few minutes pass with no response. Did I intimidate him? I hope not. My phone buzzes, reassuring me.

"I'd love to. Does tomorrow night work for you guys?"

"HEY BRIANNA!" I yell.

"What?!" she says.

"I asked Connor to dinner with us tomorrow! Will that work for you?"

She runs over to me and takes my phone.

"Oh my gosh! You DO like him! What have you two been saying to each other?" She says with her mouth wide open.

"No! Its not like that! Read the texts!" I say. She looks throughout the texts with him.

"Oh, I see. Well that's depressing. I thought I started a budding romance here!" She smirks at me.

I roll my eyes.

"Give me back my phone! I need to respond to him!'

"Too late!" she laughs.

Oh god, what did she send? She tosses the phone at me.

"Of course it will. See you then ;)" It says. Oh my gosh. She made it seem like I have a crush on him! I just met him.

"Brianna! Are you crazy?" I say. She looks at me and sticks her tongue out. She's such a child. I guess ill just have to see how tomorrow night goes.