1K 58 4

the seven stages

✩  °  .  *  .  °  ✩

"now what?"

luther was leaning against a dumpster, head resting on his hand. klaus was still lying on the ground beside a puddle of his own vomit, and sebastian was sitting a few feet away, slowly eating biscuts.

five paced up and down the alley, practically pulling his own hair out. "now nothing, luther, alright?" he spat. "make your peace with god."

"what? what about allison and vanya?"

"screw them both...they should've been here..." he stopped his frantic movements and sat down beside sebastian with an aggravated sigh.

"what about diego?" klaua groaned, sitting up. "he's quite a responsible young man, no?"

maybe something happened to them? sebastian supplied.

"screw diego." five jumped back to his feet and ran over to a cardboard box. he began kicking it, grunting with each kick. "screw everybody!"

klaus put his hand on his heart, offended.

"i was better off in the apocalypse with sebastian-"

"five! come on," luther interrupted.

"you know what luther? it's every sibling for himself now!" five stormed towards the back door. "how 'bout that?"

he slammed the door behind himself, startling everyone.

"did five just get meaner?" klaus whimpered.

"klaus, go check on allison, okay?" luther ordered. "make sure she's okay. find the others and we'll meet back here-"

i'll talk to five, sebastian cut in. luther blinked at him.

"he'll talk to five," klaus repeated.

the boy didn't wait for a response, instead shoving a bit harder than necessary past luther and entering the building.

he found five in his room, glaring at a wall and bouncing his leg. he closed the door softly and approached him.

"hey," he said flatly, not looking up.

sebastian reached out and gently placed his hand under his chin, turning his head.

"if you ask me what's wrong i will kick you."

wasn't planning on it, he answered with a smile. i know what's wrong. your siblings are idiots.

"...but?"

no, that's just a statement of fact. i love- most of- them, but it's true. however, doomsday is still coming, and i don't know about you but i would personally like to live a bit longer.

five scoffed. "it's over. we're already dead."

sebastian studied him. then why does your face tell a different story?