Chapter 23 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

There is a rated "R" version of this chapter in my set of restricted chapters for "When I Look at You" for those that are interested.

Happy reading :)

Chapter 23  (Amy)     

            Everything hurt.  My stomach hurt, my body ached, I just wanted to curl up and die.  Please make it stop, I thought pitifully to myself.

            “Sweetie,” I heard Tabby call out for me.

            I moaned in answer and felt a cool cloth against my forehead.

            “Will somebody get off their ass and bring him here?” I heard Tabby speak to another person in the room.

            The conversation went on for a few more minutes, but the words began to run together.  I didn’t care what they were saying any longer.  I just wanted this cursed heat to go away.

            The door slammed and I heard Tabby’s soft voice at my ear again.

            “Just a few more minutes, sweetie.  Hold on, it will be just a few more minutes,” she cooed while stroking my hair. 

            “Yeah, yeah,” I managed to croak between my trembling lips.  I wasn’t sure what I was agreeing to, I just wanted her to shut up.

            We sat there in Tabby’s room surrounded by blessed darkness while I shivered in pain and prayed to the Moon Goddess for it all to end.

            Sometime later I felt Tabby move from the bed and I got scared.  I didn’t want to be alone.  Steven left me; I wouldn’t survive if Tabby did too.  I wanted to reach out for her but I was too afraid to move my arms from around me.  If I moved them then my body may just fall apart.  

            It was a hell of a situation to be in and then I felt it.  I felt that warm touch.  I knew that touch.  I opened my eyes wide and spoke.

            “Stevie?”

            “It’s me baby, I will never you leave you again,” he promised.

            “Stevie,” I repeated with my raspy voice.

            “Shh baby, please don’t cry,” he said to me and that was the first time that I felt the warm wetness trickling down my cheeks. 

            In seconds I felt myself being lifted into the comfort of his lap.  I sighed in relief.  The feel of his body surrounding me instantly helped to relieve some of the harsher effects of the heat.  He rocked me back and forth and slowly the shaking dissipated.  As I became more relaxed, his scent called out to me like a sweet elixir.  It was strong and heady; it was my mate. 

            Now that the painful tremors eased, other desired began to burn.  I inhaled a deep breath and let my mate’s scent wash over me.  He was really here, holding me in his arms.

            Lifting up I instinctively pressed my lips up to his neck.  His skin tasted divine, the perfect mixture of masculinity and salty male.

            He lifted me from his lap and laid me out on the bed.   A whine of protest escaped my lips at the loss of body heat.  He bent down and brushed a tender kiss across my lips.  I then understood exactly what he was doing.  I felt his hand roam over the mark that he had given me and arched at the sheer volt of desire that he sent pummeling though me.  

            Before I could think any more his mouth came crashing down on mine.  He growled his pleasure and I answered with a hungry growl of my own.  The kiss was so animalistic, like nothing that I had ever experienced before. 

            My wolf had taken over and I was glad to give her the reigns.  The same had happened for Stevie.  This was a mating of the wolves, rather than a mating of the humans.  There was nothing that either of us could do but let nature take its course.  We tore at each other’s clothing and in minutes we were bared to each other.

            Stevie brought his lips back to mine and I knew that I would never be able to get enough of this, enough of his magical kisses, enough of his skillful touch, enough of my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes.

            The scene had heated to such a fever pitch that we almost forgot the most important thing.  Luckily, one of us still had a few brain cells left and remembered it at the last minute.

            “Shit, hold on a second Princess,” he said while pulling away from me.  My wolf didn’t like that one bit.  Her mate was leaving us without giving us satisfaction.  

            He leaned over the bed and was pulling something out of his pocket when my wolf bounded forward.  I was latched to his back and bit down at the crook of his neck.  Only fair, his wolf marked me.

            He hissed and threw his head back.

            “Damn, baby.  You don’t know how good it feels to have your teeth in my skin,” he spoke between gritted teeth.