Ch.6

A/N: Enjoy the chapter first. Happy reading^^

*

*

*

*

*

"She's lost." A soft voice defended you, "And I had her to accompany me." The man in the veil looks at the knight as he is seated next to you across the small table. And the knight went silent as he lowered his head. You noticed the sword under his cloak, covering his attire that is quite different from this castle's knight. It's much whiter..? Also, It surprised you that the knight could speak Latin. And behind the knight, you noticed a small figure. A woman that you haven't seen in the castle before, also she looks like she's in her 20s. Her attire is slightly different than the maids here but you know it that belonged to a maid. Maybe she's new?

You look at the man beside you, trying to find an answer. Instead, you catch him looking at you but then he looks away so fast and composed himself. He then asks the Knight and then took out the missing piece that you were looking before and puts it on the chess board. You wonder where he finds it. They later converse in French for some time. The Knight took out a paper that he hid under his cloak and stepped forward to the Lord...

That's when the Lord, that's what you decided to call him rather than the man in the White veil, later noticed the maid and then looked at you. He later talked something in French to that maid, as the maid stepped forward, bowed as she took a glance at you. You look at him. "God forgive me. I forgot that I'm a man. It would be inappropriate to tend to your wound. Don't you agree?" You could see a slight smile curved under his veil. You could feel your cheek's heat. You don't know if he's teasing you or flirt-

"My maid will attend to you instead. And she... will send you to your room as well." He said that as he looked at the Knight. The Knight slightly nods, as if agreeing to his decision. Did the two of them talk about you that you didn't catch in French before? You somehow felt nervous. So... he knows who you are..?

"So that you won't get lost and," You looked at him once again, surprised by his reasoning. "Alaric might looking for you if you left for too long, I believe?" he asks and that gives you a thud. He's right. What if Alaric is looking for you know? Alaric even treats you nicely with all the food, clothes, and even a nice room he gives you. You don't want to disappoint him but it's just that you stumbled upon his relatives now-

"I won't say anything of today's event to Alaric." His lower voice sounds comforting. As if he knows your concerns. He then slightly moved his brow as if waiting for your answer. That's when you realize you've been staring too long. You quickly get up. He too has matters to attend to, you told yourself as you looked to your right, where the knight stood. You bow. "I'm grateful for the Lord's kindness. I shall take my leave now." You bow once again. He nodded and you left the room with the maid, and you looked behind to see him one last time with the knight... and the door was closed.

******

"So... who is she?" The King asks.

"I thought Your Majesty already knew. She's... the witness." Cyrus explained. He looked up to the King. "Please refrain from letting an unknown person accompany you," he continued, "even if you're bored," he added as he looked at the chess board on the small table.

The King then looked so deep in thought.

"Where the Lady to do something to offend you, Your Majesty?" he asks. Also, he believes he misheard what the Lady calls His Majesty... Lord?

"No, like I said I have her to accompany me. It's just..." The King looks at the chessboard at his side. All the pawns are lined according to their place. "Her Background?" The King asks.