Letter to Readers

Wattpad.

The Internet.

March 31st, 2023.

Hello,

Wow, I haven't written one of these in a long time. When Wattpad asked me to join their creator program I was struggling to justify finding time to write. So much was changing in my life---became a weightlifter, the company I worked for was restructuring, I traveled, my dad's autoimmune issues, etc. I'd been writing for years, but I didn't just have the time like before, but the creator program allowed me to treat writing like a part-time job, and I got paid to find time to share this free story with you. I'm not sure if or when they will renew my contract next year, but if they do I have so much I would love to share with you all. (How do weightlifting rivals to lovers sound? No? I'll see myself out.)

Regardless, writing Too Old For This reminded me so much about why I love sharing stories on this website. I've seen some of you guys' names in the comments for years! And it means so much to me. 

I wrote Too Old For This because both characters in small ways remind me of myself and my loved ones, and I wanted to touch on the feelings of inadequacy and seeing yourself as a burden. It was a joy to map out their youthful interactions as they became each other's firsts in many ways but one. It's never too late to become an 'adult' and inadequacy isn't forever.

Thank you all so much for giving this a read, 

Saint Caliendo.

If you liked Too Old For This, you will probably like:

My Type of Socializing [Mature/New Adult/Romance/Completed] *Warning for descriptive general anxiety disorder. 

Adam is a Neet. 

He never leaves his apartment unless he absolutely has to. He holes himself up, only giving attention to his comics and cartoons. However, things change when a noisy party animal moves in next door and becomes a pest. 

Adam is given no other choice but to confront his neighbor. A series of events pushes Adam outside his bubble and forces him to interact with others. And maybe, just maybe, he thought his neighbor, Assad, was a bit good-looking.

May-December [Mature/Adult/Romance/Completed]

After filing his company for bankruptcy, Kyle's wife leaves him and his three-year-old son. Now a forty-two-year-old divorcee with no parenting skills or money, Kyle decides to move back to the small hometown he grew up in. 

He should have lost all hope in love and romance, but there's something about Chaska, his son's preschool teacher, that just makes him feel like a college student in love again.

Vampirism [Paranormal Romance/Vampires with a twist/Completed] *This is my favorite. No like really. I want to write something like this again.

Wern Muller is always hungry.

Unfortunately, eating for Wern is not as easy as grabbing takeout. Wern can only feed on the traumatic memories of people and animals. It's an exhausting and thought-eroding experience, but Wern has to eat, or very bad things happen. To make it easier, Wern works in places where he is in close contact with traumatized individuals.

Haruto Sato makes Wern hungry. Sato, a user of the food bank where Wern works, is dripping in trauma. Wern can see the memories slither and hiss on his neck and shoulders. The memories whisper to Wern, enticing him like sauce on dumplings. Haruto could quench Wern's hunger for a full year...

So why won't Wern feed on him?

Acceptance [Adult/Romance/Completed] *This is the second novel I ever finished. If it doesn't read like my current writing style, you know why. I still have a deep fondness for this story.

Andrew, a twenty-six-year-old literature graduate, has been through more drama than many his age. From suffering from obesity to arthritis, and then anorexia after drastic attempts to lose body fat, Andrew grows more conscious of his body. He shields himself from the rest of the world in a reserved cabin tucked away in a small town where he dwells in solitude and self-pity. 

But things can't stay the same forever and Andrew's carefully planned out walls fall around him with the arrival of his uncle's fiancee's son, Ethan. Ethan will more than disrupt Andrew's 'perfect' life. He'll also teach him the sole act of acceptance.

Cold Touch [Romance/Mature/Ongoing] *People are still reading this after I took a one-year hiatus to write Too Old For This. If that doesn't speak for itself I don't know what will. I will be updating it now, seeing as I'm done with Too Old For This.

After being thrown out of university for unredeemable grades, Ashkii wanders into Remedy, a tiny bar off the street, to wash away his sorrows as he wonders what to do with his future. 

The bartender and owner, Giovanni, shows him kindness and becomes the most important person in his life. Feelings of gratitude and admiration soon turn romantic, and Ashkii isn't sure what it will take to get Giovanni to reciprocate how he feels.