Chapter Four

You were next to Finnick, who wore a similar outfit to you. He wore black shorts which were covered with the blueish-green fabric that was dress was made with, which was draped over his shoulders and tied together at the left side of his waist. The fabric used for his outfit was a bit darker and greener than blue.

He was completely shirtless, and just like you, had pearls and fake droplets stuck to his body. His hair and makeup were simpler than yours, with the same color palette but applied only to his upper eyelids, but for you, they applied it on your under eyes as well. And for his hair, they just slicked back his hair, giving him a sleek and effortless look.

As for his jewelry, they made him wear golden cuff bracelets, which covered most of his forearm, not reaching his elbow, almost making him look like a warrior. Wrapped around his neck was a plain golden collar, and you weren't sure how, but it played into the warrior theme.

He sheepishly looked at you, "You look great". Which made you smile, a lot, a lot more than you should have, and you weren't sure why. It's not like you thought you were ugly, or that you didn't get any compliments. You knew you were pretty, and many people agreed since you got some attention from the guys and girls in your class. Maybe it was because Finnick was popular? Many girls and some guys in your class, and his class were into him, but you were popular too, not as popular as him but still.

"Are you saying I didn't look great before," you teased.

He seemed to have taken that a bit seriously because he looked panicked and began rambling, "No! You always look good, I just said tha-"

"I was kidding," you interrupted his rambling, which seemed to have calmed him down, "and thanks, you look great too." Which wasn't a lie, you had to admit, Finnick Odair was attractive, even without the outfits. People didn't throw themselves at him for no reason.

If he said thanks, you didn't hear him because a figure had caught your attention, District Two's male tribute, Jelian. His outfit resembled an armor, the ones that gladiators wore. The armor was silver with some gold accents, it was also scratched all over to give it a rugged look. He was talking to his district partner, Ternamé, who wore a similar outfit, except her's was gold with silver accents. You had to admit that their outfits suited them and their district well, not to mention, it made them look attractive.

You suddenly realized that you were staring and quickly looked away and hoped that they didn't notice.

"God this dress is uncomfortable," you mutter to yourself, while trying to adjust the top a little bit.

"I can see that," Finnick laughs.

You and Finnick are being brought onto the chariot five minutes before the parade. The thought of the entire population of Panem is going to be watching you makes you excited? The only part your not excited about is that fact you look like you belong to the capitol, your family, and friends, won't be able to recognize you for a second, not with the makeup, jewelry or the fancy dress.

Just before the horses move, Lesliuan comes over to change your pose. She makes Finnick wrap one arm around your waist, while you put one arm at the back of his neck, leaving you with one free hand to wave with.

"Think we're pretty enough to get sponsors?" Finnick asked you with a gentle laugh.

"I think we're too pretty," you laugh.

Before Finnick could reply, the horses began moving, catching you off guard. You stumble a bit, making Finnick laugh lightly. You lightly hit him with your free hand.

With an excited look on your face, you lift your hand to wave to your side of the crowd, and sometimes at Finnick's side, hoping that you impressed people with your dress.