CHAPTER 43 : My Wife.

CHAPTER 43

ARIANA LINCOLN

I was working in my office as usual, when Aless called me.

I went to his office. He was seated on his seat working on the laptop.

"You wanted to see me." As he heard my voice, he looked up at me once then stood up from his seat, making his way forward and leaning against the desk with his hands folded, those biceps bulging out of his shirt.

Control Ari.

"I wanted to tell you something." He spoke.

I nodded.

"Ian will be staying away from us for a few days."

"What?" I was confused to hear that.

Where will Ian stay? And why would he stay away from us? What if someone hurt him?

"Francesco doesn't know about Ian and he cannot. So just for a few days Ian has to stay away from us."

"Will he be safe?" Was all I asked.

I don't trust anyone anymore.

The person I worked with for a year or more just betrayed me. I don't trust anybody.

And everyone around is just so dangerous.

He nodded "Trust me."

But something in his eyes told me there's more to this.

There's more. And he isn't telling me what it is.

"What is it?"

He shook his head saying nothing.

"Tell me."

"You are in danger."

I figured that out.

"And?"

"And you are in danger." He repeated.

I moved closer to him "Introducing your wife to your enemy will get her in danger, wouldn't it?"

He stared at me.

"I needed time to kill him. I couldn't just kill him. Antonio's pain, his suffering I want him to experience that pain."

I cupped his face, placing a kiss on his cheeks "Take your time. I really don't care what's gonna happen, but don't let him go."

He wrapped his hands around my waist and rested his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead.

"I love you, Ari."

Before I could reply, a sudden knock was heard, we both pulled away from each other. A lady entered the room with an i-pad in her hand.

Her eyes landed on me once then she looked back at Aless. She looked down.

"It's urgent."

I was about to leave when she said "I would prefer she stays."

I stopped.

Aless too was confused "Ms. Stella, what is it?"

She extended the i-pad towards him, Aless went through whatever she was showing him then looked up at me.

But whatever it was, it didn't worry him. Instead he looked calm.

"It's about us." He answered.

Us?

"What?" I uncomfortably looked at the lady then back at him "W-What about us?"

He extended the i-pad towards me.