Chapter 54

Zhao Ke was surprised and said, "Huh? It was Junior sister who first mentioned that she had formed a fate bond with you..."

Liu Shuang was silent for a moment, her expression unchanged as she asked, "Is that what she told you?"

Forming a fate bond allowed one to sense the other's location, so it was indeed a good reason.

"She said she could sense your location and asked us to follow her. We eventually found you, and I didn't have too much doubt," Zhao Ke blinked his eyes and suddenly stopped talking, a skeptical look appearing on his face. "...Could it be that you didn't actually form a fate bond with each other?!"

Seeing his increasingly serious expression, Liu Shuang sighed and said, "We did form a fate bond." It was better to cover it up and avoid any unnecessary trouble.

"Then why did you ask those questions?!" Zhao Ke exclaimed.

Liu Shuang remained calm and said, "I forgot."

Zhao Ke thought, "Can one really forget something like that?!" But seeing Liu Shuang's composed expression, he felt it was pointless to continue asking. He was not one to gossip, and the relationship between these two senior/junior sisters was shrouded in mystery, so it was best to let them handle it themselves.

Inside the tent, Shen Qiqi was sleeping soundly, dreaming of a feast with her Senior sister in her arms. Even the old man did not come to disturb her. After a night's rest, she turned over in her bed, opened her eyes, and felt refreshed.

There was no one beside her, the bed was neatly made into tofu blocks without any warmth, and Liu Shuang was nowhere to be seen. Shen Qiqi sat up and suddenly felt that her fingers were sticky and weird.

Looking down, she saw that her ten fingers had been treated with medicine without her knowing, and all the small scars left by the climb had been carefully cleaned.

Sniffing the fragrance of the herbs, Shen Qiqi thought to herself, "It must have been Senior sister who applied the medicine for me. Sigh. Some people don't say a word on the surface, but they still care about me behind my back. How cunning."

"Why are you smiling?" Suddenly, Liu Shuang's voice came from behind her. Shen Qiqi then realized that she was smiling and quickly composed herself. "Nothing. What time is it now...what hour is it?"

"It's morning hour," Liu Shuang lifted the curtain and walked in, "Still sleeping?"

"I'm awake now." Shen Qiqi raised her reddish hands and said, "Senior sister, you applied medicine on me. I can't use my hands now!"

Liu Shuang looked at her and said, "Yes. Be careful not to get them wet."

"But now I can't do anything!" Shen Qiqi sat on the edge of the bed, swinging her two slender white legs, her face serious. "What do I do about getting dressed? What do I do about eating?"

Liu Shuang sighed, "......You only have a scratch, you're not disabled."

"I'm just afraid of getting the medicine wet," Shen Qiqi said softly.

Liu Shuang approached and shook out the clothes by the bed, saying lightly, "Do you want me to help you put them on?"

Shen Qiqi's eyes lit up, thinking to herself: That's more like it!

She immediately stretched out her hands and exclaimed, "Okay, okay!"

Upon hearing this, Liu Shuang walked over to her. Shen Qiqi eagerly assumed the pose of a fledgling eagle taking flight, anticipating intimate contact with the other person, but suddenly saw Liu Shuang bend two fingers and flick her on the forehead.