Chapter seventeen

She looked the same as this morning, and her perfume was still noticeable, while I looked like a sweaty rat. She looked over at me and smiled, and I did the same. I then turned to look at Charlie, who was looking at me wide-eyed, she then looked at Ms. Davis flared her nostrils. Shit, she recognized the smell. I looked at Ms. Davis, who was eyeing us carefully.

“Don’t say a word, come over after the class is over” she warned Charlie. Charlie looked shocked, and Ms. Davis completely freaked out, and there I was, chill as a cucumber.

We went to our seats, and Charlie didn’t talk to me or looked at me for the entire class. Finally, the bell rang after what seemed like an eternity, we waited for the rest of the students to leave before making our way to the front.

“What the fuck Alex, you can have any girl you want, and you go for the teacher, are you stupid?” Ms. Davis opened her mouth to speak but Charlie cut her off.

“And you, what’s wrong with you she’s your student, you could lose your job, plus I thought you were straight. Oh god if I ever find out you used her to experiment, I swear to god I’ll kill you or I’ll mess you up so bad you would wish you were dead.” Ms. Davis seemed stressed.

“Charlie, that’s enough, shut up and let us explain” I then turned to look at Ms. Davis, she looked at me and I decided to check if she was okay before proceeding.

“Are you ok?” She eyed Charlie carefully before nodding.

“So, explain to me why you slept at Ms. Davis’s house and why you are wearing what I assume are her clothes.”

“So, yesterday I wasn’t feeling well because I hadn’t had anything to eat for three days, the reason is something I’ll have to explain another time, Ms. Davis picked up on that during our TA time and since I wasn’t sure when I would eat again she offered to go to her place and I agreed. She cooked for me and she asked me about my parents.”

“Did you answer her?” Alex seemed shocked.

“Well, yes, I did, I told her everything, and then I completely broke down, it took a while for me to calm down and when I finally did, I felt exhausted and almost fell asleep at her couch, she offered me to stay if I wanted and I did, I didn’t want to go back to an empty house. She also made dinner and we talked about my parents a bit more, I felt exhausted both mentally and physically and that’s when we decided to go to sleep.” Ms. Davis looked at me as if she was thanking me for not revealing any more information.

“So, wait, was that all?”

“Yes, that’s all.”

“So, you two aren’t a thing or something like that?”

“No, of course not.”

“Well, aren’t you worried about her reporting it, she’s a teacher after all.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Well, then I really hope that’s the case, because if” she paused and looked at Ms. Davis with a wicked smile. “If it’s not I’ll make sure you’ll regret your whole existence” She said coming closer to her face “Nobody hurts my best friend and gets away with it” Ms. Davis made a move to pull away, but Charlie grabbed her wrists and pinned them to the desk. “Did you hear me?” She said pressuring more on her wrists, Ms. Davis looked away and I could see she was holding back tears.

“ENOUGH CHARLIE, BACK OFF” I yelled pulling her back. She looked at me confused and then looked over at Ms. Davis who was now looking at the floor with a few tears rolling down her cheeks. I rushed over to her side and put my hand on her shoulder, but she flinched, and I pulled away.