•27• Red feather •27•

A longer chapter just for you all <3

Y/n's p.o.v

It's been almost a week, but we were almost done building stable shelters and a mini town for everyone in the boiling Isles, just by Hexside.
It's a crucial step before rebuilding everything.

Hammers are a nice tool, but I like the ones Camila brought from the human realm more. They are more precise.

"Can anyone get me three more nails? I'm almost done with this wall!"
I called out.

"There you go!"
Someone handed me.
I quickly put them into the structure and wiped the nonexistent sweat off my forehead.

"Oh, hey Hun!"
I greeted the deliverer.
"Aren't you supposed to be with the cooking group?"

"Gwendolyn let me off early. Are you done with this shelter?"

"All shelters, in fact. I let everyone go. Now everyone can have their own private space."
I announced proudly.
I still can't believe they let someone young as me lead the whole operation. But a human teen just saved the entire boiling Isles so what the heck.

"I think I found the perfect stone."
He told me the news.
...

The first thing we did after everything was normal again was to visit the castle.
The structure stayed mostly stable, even though most of the walls were ruined.

Hunter and I went together to find any survivors. And while we looked around, we couldn't help but reminisce about all our memories in there.

All the grass in the field where we used to train was plucked out and the river was empty of water yet filled with rubble.
All the books in the library where we got all sorts of books fell off the shelves.
Everything fell off the walls in the halls where we used to secretly hold hands under our robes.

Our rooms seemed completely untouched to our surprise- no one moved there.
I guess that we couldn't be replaced.

I went into my room.
I could already note what to take to my future home as souvenirs.
My old guard clothing, the mirror that surprisingly wasn't cracked, a book about potions and a book full of cheesy tales.

It was when I finished my mental note that I heard a quiet gasp. Hunter held a red feather that he found in one of his old clothes.

And since then, everytime we had a break from our duties, we went to search a property stone to use for a grave.

...

"Really? You found one? Have you already thought of a writing? Have you already thought of a place?"
I bombarded him with questions as he took me to where he found it.

"Shush, no I didn't."
He playfully elbowed me.

"Don't SHUSH me, young man."

"...what did you just say??"

"I said nothing and you can't prove anything."

"You sounded like a grandma."

"No I didn't."

We continued walking with stupid smirks.

"Say, why won't we put it at eclipse lake?"

"What- the grave? Why?"

"Convenience, naturally. You already dug a grave there last year."

"Hahahaha no. Don't remind me.
Look, we are already here."

Hunter stopped to take a tall rock from the side of the road.
It would need slight polishing, but overall, it was perfect.

"I wish I could know how to start,"
Hunter sighed. The sky started to darken, so he placed the stone back down.