•31• Stability •31•

OKAY
NOW
ANOTHER THING WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

Hunter's p.o.v

"...the last thing anyone knew is that he was staying with the bat queen. I tried to take a closer look, but you probably already know how overprotective she is over the abandoned ones."
Dell Clawthorne told me everything known about how Flapjack went about these past decades.

"We don't know exactly how long he was there, but we believe it was very close to the palisman adoption day at Hexside.
You know, people said he was trying to escape after a while. I say, he thought you'd come by then and find him."

I couldn't help but smile.
After all these years, after so many possibilities, heck- after all the potential Caleb grimwalkers, my friend chose me.

I pet Waffles before returning to carving.

It was already my fifth one, and I decided to make that a wolf.

I was feeling GREAT.
Now five other people could approach with their greatest wish, and potentially wake up one of the palismans *I* carved.

"You are getting better at this, young one."
Dell told me.
"Say, after things get more stable, do you want to work here?"

"After... everything gets stable..."
I repeated.

With all the terrible things related to the emperor's coven, there's only one thing I appreciate- stability.
Every day was quite the same. I barely got to do anything until I was allowed to.

But after I left...
Seeking shelter at Hexside, running from place to place, living at the Human realm and now in these shelters... I haven't gotten a single era of stability.

All my life, there was always SOMETHING.
Something to fulfil, to do, to save, to worry about. And soon, these days would come to an end. I would finally be able to create my own normal life pattern.

With the person I love, whom I've been with through thick and thin.

I blinked a few times, clearing my thoughts away.
Waffles took the palisman I finished carving, flew to the side and put it on display with the rest.

"...Yes. I'd love to work here someday."

---------
Y/n's p.o.v

"Why so early? Did you sleep enough? Do want extra food for the road-"

"Quit it, Rainstorm! This is her job for a long time already."

I giggled, summoning Spirit's staff.
"Well, I'll be going now. Bye Zither, bye mama Eda, have a wonderful day and tell King I said 'hi'!"

In truth, I didn't have to go check on the rebuildings THAT early.
I just want to return early today, to prepare.
...mentally.

The collector will come say hi today. I've been told that every time the collector comes down to us, a beautiful event of shooting stars should follow.
And this should be the perfect view.
The perfect atmosphere.

OKOKOKOKOK
SO
THINGS TOOK A BIT TOO LONG.
There were a few complications at one of the sites which forced me to stay. By the time I was flying back, the sky was already darkening.

"This is not good, Spirit..."
I mumbled under my breath.
"I don't have much time to prepare before he comes back. Maybe... maybe I missed my shot- WOAH!!"

Spirit violently stopped flying, almost throwing me off the staff.

"Okay you are not to kin about this idea. But I don't know what to do or what to bring or... ugh..."