I'm Divya

I was on one side of the road. When the walking signal was on, I crossed the road. In the middle of the road, I stopped and sat down because of anxiety. People were moving on rush, no one cared for me. There were only 5 seconds left for the green signal, yet no one helped me.
One person came out of the car, walked over to me, held my hands and took me to the other side. I saw the person's face and it was a man. I thanked him for helping me. He gave a smile and left the place. I continued my path to my work. I was thinking of the incident the whole day.
The very next day, I managed to cross the same road. My eyes kept on searching for the man but I couldn't find him. So I left the place and went to my workplace. On my way to work, a little girl rushed to me to and asked me to help her escape from her uncle. I took my legs to step back but I stopped when I saw her uncle. It was the same man who helped me the previous day. I prayed to God that he couldn't recognise me but to my surprise he recognised me. He asked me how I was feeling now. I said,"I'm okay." I questioned him why the little girl is unwilling to go with him. He introduced the little girl as his niece. The girl doesn't want to go to school. So he planned to take her to school. But the girl figured out his plan and was trying to escape from him. Suddenly the girl made a scene of having a tooth ache. He apologized and started moving.
I stopped him saying that "I'm a dentist" and invited him to the hospital, where I work and we went there together. I took care of the girl. He introduced himself as Varun and he works as the PA for the chief doctor in the same hospital. I was surprised to hear that. I have never seen him before. I didn't even know that the chief had a PA. He said that he had seen me before in the same hospital. And that hit me hard. Those words with a smile made me think that he has an interest on me. I felt awkward for not recognising him so I left the place by making some excuses.
Next day, I explained him about my anxiety in the road and apologized.
Day by day, I met him often accidentally. We'd have a small chat and then leave. By seeing him everyday and the way he cared for everyone and the way he does his work perfectly made me fall in love with him. I don't know how he feels about me but I am in love with him. I always makes myself look beautiful and go in front of him to grab his attention and make opportunities to have a chat with him. It's a kind of amazing feeling.
One day I heard a news that Varun is seeing someone else. I was shocked to hear that horrible news. I couldn't control my feelings so I took a day off and went home, cried a lot, didn't eat anything. After sometime I slept without my knowledge. I woke up, my eyes ached. I felt that I'm weak. I realised that this is not the end. "It's okay. Let's move on. Losing someone is not new for me. You can do it." I said myself. My stomach made a noise because of hunger.
I got ready, went out, still feeling the pain but decided to let it go. I went to a nearby restaurant to have dinner. I saw Varun there. I stepped back.