Part 6 - Jay Walker's True Ability

I got back up.

If I defeated him, more people would support me, and maybe even some people who have political power would join in. If I could get any senator to support me, then that would be even better. 

This is a fight that I must not lose: there are too much opportunities to gain out of this. 

"I respect your determination," The Swordsman remarked. "I'll give you the honor of a fair fight,"

I got into a fighting stance, facing The Swordsman, who did the same. The best thing to do here would be to analyze my opponent.

Let's see, his stance looks to be quite low, so he's likely charging up. 

He launched himself in the air and aimed his sword at me, but I managed to block the sword from the side using my lightning. The strike was hard, but blockable. 

I aimed my hand at his face, trying to zap him, but a sudden blow struck me in the face, causing me to stagger backward. Before I could regain my composure, I got struck directly in the head, causing me to fall on the ground. 

This guy's speed was on another level, especially if he managed to strike me instantly after I blocked his first hit. Not only that, but he struck me two times, not once. 

"Are they sure you're the right guy?" he asked. "They told me my opponent was strong,"

I attempted to retaliate by unleashing a powerful lightning blast, but he effortlessly dodged it with godlike speed.

Is this the true power of a higher-ranked fighter of The Vipers? 

I didn't think that he had any superpowers like me, but he could be the same case as NightShade: he had superpowers, but didn't use them. 

Like it or not, my life was on the line. He was evading my lightning like it was nothing. I needed to find a way to overpower him. 

"Fine," I said. "Bring it on!"  

"With pleasure," The Swordsman replied.

I threw a roundhouse kick, but he blocked it with his sword. He then tried to do a forward slash on me, but I moved back just in time. If that slash connected to my body, who knows what would have happened...

I was a decent distance away from him, enough to shoot him with lightning bolts consistently, but given how he effortlessly evaded my lightning, this strategy had a much higher chance of failure than success.

Multiple lightning bolts flew from my hand, but he dodged every single one of them like it was nothing. Seriously, how did he get that level of speed?

He was ranked 12th in The Vipers, but this speed is ridiculous. No matter what I'm doing, I can't hit him - either he dodges my moves or blocks them with his sword. If I could somehow isolate him from the sword, I might have a chance...

"Is that all you got?" he taunted, a smirk playing on his lips.

I tried to spin-hook kick him, everything infused with lightning, but he countered the kick with his sword. He then did a side-kick on his own, effectively kicking me backward. 

His sword must be made out of some very powerful material, especially if he is blocking my lightning-infused attacks this easily. How did The Vipers even gain access to material this powerful? This feels like vengestone, except my powers aren't nullified. 

Author's note: In Ninjago, vengestone is a material that can nullify the use of an element. 

This guy was a bit too strong. No, way too strong - he was completely overwhelming.