Don't worry, darling

"You should totally wear that skirt."

Lou was looking at her best friend from her friend's bed. The place looked like something out of a high school movie, where they made a collage of some girls trying on different dresses, while an upbeat song was playing.
Tops and skirts everywhere, Lou's hair was curled up inside a towel on her head and another was tied around her body. She had a black facemask on that made her skin feel stretched out. Abby was standing in front of her, digging up clothes from her shelf. She also had towels and a facemask on her. It's been so long since the last time she went out to party, she lost all her confidence regarding cool outfits and she just couldn't choose. Lou also brought over some of her clothes, they usually shared eachother's stuff, but the more options there were for Abby, the more difficult making a choice was.

"I don't want people to think that I'm one of those mysterious old ladies who wear crystal rings and hayhats."

"That's very specific. Also, I know you like that skirt and once you said that it was the most comfortable and practical of your collection. I know you're actually pretty modest. You should pick that one."

She was right. The skirt was long, something between a midi and a maxiskirt. It was solid and elegant. She could combine the dark blue shade with a light blue top. Ironically, her work outfit had similat colours. Even when she wasn't working, she was still somehow in that ambulance car mentally. And it would even match the car's blue ambulance light.

"What are you wearing?", Abby asked.

"I think I'm going to go with my red dress."

In a few hour's time, Lou and Abby were standing at the entrance of the club, along with other party-goers. Abby had freshly washed hair that she didn't really style and a slightly smokey eyemakeup. Lou's hair was styled into very loose curls and she had bright red makeup on. Abby sometimes wondered why they even bothered putting on makeup since it wasn't exactly visible inside in the dark, with the exception of the occasional flashes of disco lights.

They had already drank some shots of vodka at home because, like at every club, the drinks were expensive. Abby was nervous, she usually was when she went out clubbing, because she sometimes bumped into people she knew and for some reason she disliked that.

After getting in, the girls immediately hit the dance floor. The air was hot and humid in the crowd, the makeup they so carefully put on probably melted right there but at this point, neither of them cared. Abby felt a rush of adrenaline and she was able to finally let loose. A tall man with dark hair and a shirt with hibiscus print danced near Abby and soon they were dancing together, occasionally trying to hold a conversation. It was no use, the music was too loud.

He seemed handsome and Abby wanted to get to know him so she suggested they go outside to the smoking area, where they can actually hear eachother. She quickly told Lou where she was going and then they left the dance floor.

"Oh god, I still can't hear anything.", Abby said outside. Every sound was dampened and she really had to concentrate to know what her dance partner was saying.

"I'm Luke by the way.", the man said. The light of the moon helped Abby to see his facial features. He was indeed handsome, most likely native hawaiian and he had a necklace around his neck. He looked like a stereotypical surfer dude.

"Abby.", she said.

"Do you come here often?", Luke asked.

"I used to but I haven't been here for like a year."

The man smiled but suddenly his smile froze and his facial expression slowly changed.

"Are you alright?", Abby asked with a concerned look on her face.