𝑪𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒐

Y/n never thought that she would be so damn nervous.

Today was going to be her last first day of school. It was her senior year, she should be excited, right? But sadly, she was the complete opoosite.

She woke up extremely early so she would have enough time to freak out and change her outfit five times before choosing the right one.

After finishing her usual routine in the morning, she headed upstairs to the kitchen, where everyone was sitting down. Mrs. Martinez didn't even have to turn around to know it was her, "Good morning, mija."

"Good morning," y/n smiled, taking a seat at the table next to Abuelita.

The older woman softly smiled at the teenager, leaning over, "I suggest you leave for school before she puts those eggs on this table"

"Why?" Y/n whispered. "Porque saben a mierda!"

"I heard that," Mrs. Martinez gritted through her teeth. Ruby and Olivia walked into the kitchen, both wearing their bags over their shoulders.

Ruby had a look of urgency in his eyes as he looked at y/n, "I need to talk to you, like now."

"Okay?" The girl got up from the table, grabbing her backpack.

"Espera!" Mrs. Martinez held up her hands, running to the bedroom. She quickly came back with her phone, "A quick picture before you go."

"Mom," Ruby groaned, making Olivia chuckle.

"It'll only take a second. C'mon, smile!" The three gave their best fake smiles, probably causing the picture to come out awkward, before exiting the house.

"Okay," Ruby sighed, stopping infront of the girls, "I need to ask a huge favor, y/n."

"What is it?"

"You know how we discussed how Cesar's family history is being a Santo? Well, he has been jumped into the gang as of yesterday, which officially makes him a Santo-"

"And we don't want that," Olivia cut in.

Ruby nodded, "and since Oscar is the leader of the gang and he obviously has some weird crush on you-"

Y/n rolled her eyes, scoffing, "He does not have a crush on me."

"Yeah, sure," Ruby brushed off her comment, continuing, "I was meant to talk to him today after school about letting Cesar unaffiliate himself from the gang but since I'm terrified of Oscar, knowing I'll shit my pants, I decided that I'm not the one to be giving that speech."

"So, you want me to?" Y/n questioned, raising her eyebrow. Both Olivia and Ruby nodded. "I don't even know Cesar like that plus what makes you think Oscar will listen to me? Just because we've danced together once at a party doesn't mean-"

"Wait you actually danced with him?" Olivia smiled, making y/n roll her eyes again.

"It doesn't mean he'll listen to me."

Ruby groaned, gesturing to her, up and down, "So, use your feminine ways of persuasion, duh."

"Fine," y/n sighed, "but I can't promise that he'll do it."

After school, y/n drove over to the Santo house. She parked behind Oscar's obnoxious, red car before getting out.

"You can do this," she said to herself before knocking on the door. No one answered the first time she knocked so y/n balled up her fist, knocking louder. The door suddenly swung open, frightening the girl. In the doorway stood a giant man, tattoos covering his body and face.

"Que quieres?" He asked, his voice stern and mean.

Y/n gulped, scratching the back of her head, "Is Oscar here?"

The man squinted at her, "You pregnant or something?"

"No?"

"Fine," he stepped aside, "his room is down the hall, last door on th-"

"I know where it is," y/n cut the man off, realizing how bad that probably sounded after she said it. She went down the hall, stopping at his door. She could hear Anuel playing and smell the weed through the door. She rolled her eyes before knocking softly.

In a couple seconds, Oscar opened the door, standing in nothing but a pair of grey sweats. Y/n allowed herself to melt over how good his body looked for a second before forcing herself to look up at his face. His eyes were bloodshot red and squinted.

"Nice," she chuckled, "you're high."

He leaned against the doorframe, "Knew you'd be back soon."

She scoffed, pushing past him into the room, "Don't flatter yourself." She turned down the music so she could hear herself think, seeing the used weed baggie on his nightstand.

"Then why are you here?" He questioned, closing the door. When he turned to face her, y/n couldn't help herself from looking down at his chest. His arms looked even bigger than what they normally looked like and his pants hung down on his waist, an extremely prominent print peeking through the material.

The girl pulled herself together, clearing her throat, "To talk about your brother."

"What about Cesar?" He stepped closer to her but she stepped back, pushing past all of the dirty throughts that were going through her head.

"You had him jumped into the gang."

"I did," he nodded.

"You don't think that's a little messed up? He's 14."

"Hey, I was jumped in when I was 11. His time had to come eventually." The way Oscar sounded so nonchalant about the topic seemed to anger y/n.

"He's your brother! You're supposed to look out for him, keep him away from this shit. You should want better for him!"

"Don't come in here tellin' me how to take care of my brother," Oscar stepped closer again but when y/n stepped back, she met a wall, "You're new so you don't get how things work. Our blood is Santo blood, there's no getting out of that. He would've had more trouble avoiding the Santos than just being one."

Y/n stared at him for a second before reaching out to touch his face. Oscar flinched as her fingers ran down his left cheek, over his teardrop tattoo, "And did you try avoiding it?"

Oscar took her hand off, bringing it back down to her side, "Yeah, I did and you know what happened? My life was made a living hell till I sucked it up and accepted who I was, like a man. Cesar has to do the same."

Y/n scoffed, shaking her head, "No, he doesn't, and you know that." Y/n could feel the disgust rising in her stomach as she ripped her hand away from his grasp, storming out of the house.