Chapter 6

Let's go crazy until the sunrise

I was getting ready to retire to my rooms that night when there was a knock on the door. I went out to open it, but Hyunjin beat me to it.

"Takeout," he told me, taking the food from the delivery guy and thanking him before shutting the door. "Do you want some? We ordered a lot so we'd have leftovers."

"I ate a little already, but sure," I said. "Do you want me to set the table?"

Hyunjin chuckled. "Sorry," he said, noticing my confused expression. "Not funny. Just ... I don't think we'll be eating at the table tonight."

That was how I ended up kneeling by the coffee table, eating takeout from the box and playing Uno and board games with Stray Kids.

I had been wary when Jisung took out the Uno box, but he assured me it only got out of control when they played Ambush Uno. "Minho invented it, actually," Changbin added from his spot on the couch. "So we only ever play with him."

"Not that we'll be playing anytime soon," Chan added, giving Jisung a look. "You and Minho both are banned from Ambush Uno until you can learn fire safety."

"What about Hyunjin?" Jisung protested. "That's unfair."

"Hyunjinnie is only disastrous when you bring it out of him," Changbin pointed out. "If Hyunjin lived in the other dorm he'd probably just draw all day."

Hyunjin sighed. "That sounds ... so perfect."

"And yet here you are," countered Jisung, "Playing games with us."

"Only because I like to win," said Hyunjin.

"Careful there," said Chan, grinning as he stood and walked over to the cabinet. "You might win with us, but we have a new player on the board now."

I laughed. "Oh, you don't have to worry. I'm kind of terrible at card games."

"She is," Changbin said. "Embarrassingly so. But I've heard not to let her ever get near a Jenga set."

"Jenga?" asked Jisung.

"It's a game in America," I explained, quickly pulling up a picture on my phone to show him. "You have to pull out the bricks without making the whole structure fall. I studied engineering when I was younger, so it's a piece of cake for me."

"Oh, I know that game," said Chan, taking out a couple board games and handing them off to Hyunjin, who set them on the table. "We might have it, actually." He began to look back through the cabinet.

"Burn it," Changbin warned. "Burn it now while you still can."

I smirked. "Oh, come on. It's not that bad—you all just wouldn't stand a chance."

Jisung's face morphed into a wicked grin. "Okay, now we have to play." He rubbed his hands together like a maniacal scientist. "If noona says she's all that, I'll have to see it for myself."

"Later," Chan decided, closing the cabinet and coming to sit on the floor next to me. "For now, Uno and board games." He grinned at me. "Maybe if you do manage to win, we can play Jenga."

"Not likely," Hyunjin said challengingly. "No one can beat me, especially not at—" He brandished one of the board games—"Chutes and Ladders."

I blinked. "You guys play Chutes and Ladders?"

"It's Felix's fault," Changbin explained. "It was his favorite game in Australia, so he brought it over when he came here and got us all hooked. He's gotten us into a bunch of other weird English stuff, like Paw Patrol and the word 'yeet' and Ed Sheeran."