Charmspeak

'Percy!' I call. Tears stream down my face. Where is he?

It's been 3 days since I last saw him. We were sitting by the beach, hoping the harpies wouldn't catch us. I didn't notice it at the time, but I remember now. His eyes had glazed over, and he said he needed to do something. I nodded, gave him a kiss, and hastily ran back to my cabin. When I woke up the next day, he was gone. I searched everywhere for him, but I just couldn't find him.

Until now.

I saw his face for a split second, and then he was gone.

'Percy! It's Annabeth! Seaweed Brain! Please... show yourself...' My voice caught at the end of my sentence.

Just as I had given up, he appeared. I ran to him, hugging yet punching him at the same time.

'Percy! Thank the gods! Where have you been? Do-'I start to say. That's when I saw his eyes. His beautiful sea-green eyes were glazed over, as if he couldn't see me.

Instead of his lopsided grin, his face was cold and unfriendly.

'Percy?' I asked uncertainly. He stared at me blankly, but at the same time as though he was staring into my soul.

'He can't hear you.' A soothing voice says. I jump, not expecting anyone else to be here. I turned, only to see someone I absolutely hate. Circe. Can't these monsters just leave us alone?

'What have you done to him?' I questioned, trying to keep my voice from trembling.

'I simply put a spell on him. He doesn't mind. Isn't that right Perseus?' She smirks as Percy nods his head. My eyes filled with angry tears.

'You really want to know that badly dear? Well, charmspeak, of course. And a few enchantments.'

I start shaking uncontrollably. Charmspeak? That is not good. And of course, she had to take my Seaweed Brain. What if I can't defeat her? What if... I can't get him back?

'Percy,' I plead, my hands laced with his. ' Percy, don't listen to her! She turned you into a guinea pig, remember? Percy, please... It's your girlfriend... Annabeth...

His eyes lost their glassy look.

'Annabeth?' He stutters, taking out Riptide.

'Silence, stupid girl! Percy, now why would I turn you into a guinea pig, huh? This silly girl is spitting lies!' Came her calming voice, though a bit urgent.

His eyes became unfocused again.

'Lies.' He repeats.

I gazed at him sadly. I unsheathed my dagger, which seemed to surprise him. Circe cackled.

'Going to kill your boyfriend?' She taunted.

'No.' I simply said. 'But you, Circe, I might.' I bring my dagger to my shoulder, getting into a fighting stance. She looked at it nervously.

'Perseus, kill the annoying girl.' After dishing out this command, she ran towards the forest. When I tried to follow, Percy stopped me. He knocked my dagger out of my hand, and then used Riptide to cut my arm. It immediately started pouring blood. He caught me off guard again, while I tried to somersault on the ground to where my dagger lay.

He sliced my leg, causing me to fall on the ground in pain. I screamed for Percy to help me, to stop. I was about to pass out when I felt food being forced into my mouth.

Ambrosia. I sat up, which made me wince in pain, but I didn't care.

He sniffed, his eyes red and puffy, as though he'd been crying for several minutes. His eyes looked like a storm was brewing, which is something he often told me that my eyes did.

'Annabeth... I'm so.. so sorry... I-' He started but I cut him off with a kiss. After several minutes, we broke apart.

'I'm okay. It wasn't your fault. Circe is very powerful, but we need to let it go for now. ' I told him.

He smiled at me, but the regret still clear on his face.

'Still, I should've tried harder...' He said.

I just cut him off with another kiss.

He fed me some more ambrosia, and carried me back to camp, all the way to the infirmary. I didn't realise, but I had fallen asleep there, and felt completely better. When Will said I could finally leave, I was met by a worried looking Percy.

'Are you okay? Are you completely sure you're okay?' He kept asking.

After I told him to stop fussing, he brought me to the lake. And I saw a whole picnic.

He looked at me uncertainly.

'Do you like it? If you don't, I can do something else-' But I just hugged him.

'It's perfect.' I whispered.

He smiled at me, and I felt happy again. Gods, I loved him so much.