2화

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Lee Sunjae. Jaeyun's current... situationship. Honestly, it was far from being a situationship anymore, they had been seeing each other for almost a year but they weren't actually what you would call a couple. They didn't have dates or anniversaries, not even a proper confession of their feelings took place.

They met during their college years and Lee Sunjae always seemed flirty and interested in Jaeyun. Sunghoon would tell him that he was going to confess any day now and Jaeyun always denied it, but deep down he expected it to happen.

Except it didn't happen.

They graduated and Jaeyun didn't want to make it seem like he had actually had hopes of something happening between him and Sunjae.

He used his first paycheck to bleach his hair blond and apparently that was all it took for Sunjae to finally make a move.

They had met at a reunion dinner with college friends and Sunjae couldn't stop glancing every two seconds at Jaeyun.

"Woah, Jaeyun! That color looks amazing on you!" one of their friends said.

Jaeyun smiled and thanked the compliments coming his way.

"They say that a sudden change of looks comes after heartbreak. Did our Jaeyun go through something like that?" Another of them asked curiously. Sunjae didn't look away from Jaeyun.

"Nah, I'm as single as I have always been," Jaeyun chuckled. He had that habit of chuckling when he wasn't entirely honest but only Sunghoon knew about it.

Jaeyun willed himself not to notice the smirk on Sunjae's face and ignored his thumping heart all throughout the night.

Many bottles of soju later they were all pretty wasted except for Jaeyun, he was sure to only drink what he was handed and just felt tipsy.

He had started walking to his apartment a few blocks away when his hand was grabbed by none other than Lee Sunjae.

"Sunjae? Is everything okay?" Jaeyun asked concerned.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if I could spend the night at yours," Sunjae said. Jaeyun tensed up a little.

"Why? Are you drunk, Sunjae? Do you want me to call you a taxi?" Jaeyun tried to say but Sunjae put on his poker face.

"I actually can't go to the apartment smelling like alcohol, my roommate's pretty picky about it. But I can stay at a hotel, thanks though," Sunjae said with a slightly disappointed tone, letting go of his hold on Jaeyun.

Jaeyun didn't know it back then but he was too nice for his own good.

He grabbed Sunjae's wrist and stopped him from leaving.

"You can definitely stay at my place, I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing you're paying just because of your picky roommate."

Sunjae smiled at Jaeyun, that smile the latter was weak for and the smile that he always hoped to see. Jaeyun didn't sleep that night though, because of the start of their situationship.

That was the first night of many were Jaeyun would foolishly let himself feel hopeful that there was meaning behind everything they did, but weeks turned into months and nothing changed.

They hung out, sometimes Sunjae invited Jaeyun a meal and sometimes they met somewhere different like a bar, but it always ended the same way. Jaeyun couldn't help feeling used but he didn't want to make Sunjae leave him. So he let himself be used.

Sunjae would always be on the receiving end of the relationship being that Jaeyun was the one who always caved in to what the other wanted to do. And the small gestures from Sunjae kept him from facing the reality of the situation.