25화

‧₊˚ ˶ᵔ ᵔ˶ ˚₊‧

The next morning the sun rays shone bright through Heeseung's curtains. He got out of bed with the most energy he had in all his life and skipped to the bath to get ready for work. His hair was easy to do, the water ran warm during his shower, his clothes were already ironed and he really savored his breakfast.

It was a good start of the day. And it only got better.

On his way to work he only crossed green lights. The traffic wasn't as much as other days and he even had time to stop for coffee before heading to his office. It was definitely a great day, he could feel it in his bones.

The morning went by pretty smoothly. Every task he was given, he finished quickly and well done, he even had a few ideas that his direct boss liked! And his direct boss wasn't a very agreeable person, which made him feel that much better.

Jay and him went out to have lunch to a Vietnamese place and the food arrived quite fast, it was delicious and definitely inexpensive. They were really enjoying their food and Heeseung felt so energized and somehow excited he had to tell his dear friend about today's plan.

"I'm going for it. Today. I'm gonna go and talk to Jaeyun and officially ask him out," he exclaimed.

Jay was quite impressed, "I thought you'd take at least two more months to do so."

"What? Why?"

Jay shrugged, "you're just never so fast with anything involving people. It took us almost all the time I've been working in the company for you to warm up to me. It surprised me you told me this before you did it."

Heeseung scoffed, "I'm not that unsociable, I've told all of you about him!"

"Yeah, because we asked and it was always days after something had happened. But it's not a bad thing, I was just surprised. This must mean you know what you're going to say to him, then?"

Heeseung nodded. Then he shook his head. Then he shrugged and made an anxious face.

"You okay there?" Jay asked.

"Yeah... I don't know Jay, I was fine two minutes ago! Agh! What if it is too soon? What if he's not ready for something else? What if he changed his mind?!" Heeseung rambled.

"Alright, sorry, my mistake. Didn't mean to trigger your anxiety there, just remember he said he likes you. In present tense," added Jay.

"But that was like two weeks ago?? He could have changed his mind by now!" Heeseung yelped.

"Hey, Heeseung. Snap out of it, dude. He won't change his mind dummy, he's probably just trying to give both of you space to clear the air after everything that happened. Just think about it, he was in a bad relationship less than two months ago and now he's struggling because he likes you and it scares him."

Heeseung nodded a bit calm, "you're right, he did mention he didn't want to expose himself to getting hurt anymore. That good for nothing of his ex just brought him down."

"See? He's afraid of getting hurt, so he's being extra careful," Jay reasoned.

And so, Heeseung kept his chin up and didn't let this episode of anxiety get to him. His plans remained but he did make a small change: he would ask Jaeyun out right away and let him know he would never do him wrong.

The evening went by, it was just the moment when the clinic started closing up when Heeseung arrived.

"Hello Mr. Cha! How's it going?" he asked as he went to the front desk.