1785 AD-War

YN's pov
Eventually, we gave up looking for Quynh. We didn't want to,be the guilt was to much for us. Andy blames herself everyday and she has changed, to be colder women. She only be how she was before with me in private and a few moments with the boys.

We're going to war, that's always fun.Andy insisted we all sign up,so here we waiting in line just to be denied access.

Oh, you don't know?, women still aren't allowed to leave the kitchen. Every time we sign up I have to compell  them to allow me and Andy in.

The officer looked at me, before he could say anything I compelled them to move pass any sexist comments he has in his head.
"Name, date of birth" the officer stated.
"YN,1764 sir"I replied.
"That would make you 21?" The officer said staring at me from top to bottom.
"That's correct, sir"I replied already knowing what he's thinking.
"You look younger than 21, no older than 17"The officer said.
"I'll take that as a compliment, is that all?"I smiled.
"Yes, be here at  that post in 4 hours." He said handing me a piece of paper with a number on it. I'm assuming its the district number.
"The woman behind me, allow her to sign up without saying a word about her gender" I said walking off, winking at Andy.

After we signed up, we all got the same number,we waited until we got called to leave.Once we did, we left to the camp.

Once we got there, I wandered off to find something.
"Surprise" I said showing Andy the uniform.
"Is that what the generals wear?"Andy questioned.
"Yes,in your size,"I said giving her to uniform.
"You know, I'm not a general right?"Andy replied.
"I know but you'd do a much better job at it then any of the others. I saw them and there're a bunch of old white men"I said trying to convince her.
"Ugh fine but no more compulsion,Generals orders"Andy joked.
"Of course general, anything for you general" I bowed jokingly.Andy jokingly hit me and we laughed before going over to the boys.

"Guess who's not a commoner anymore?" I stated to the boys.
"Who?"Joe asked.
"Me" Andy replied.
"No way, congrats" Nicky cheered.
"Only with the help of YN"Andy defended.
"Doesn't matter, you're still a general" I said hugging her side.

Later on in the day...
I was walking to the table the team were sitting at until I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going" i apologised helping the man up.
"Nah, it's all good. Anyway what's your name?" The man asked.
"YN......Marshall.yeah YN Marshall.what's your name?"I asked.
"Arthur, this my be a weird question, since we just met, but do you have a boyfriend?" Arthur asked.
"First of all, cool name.second I'm married." I said showing my ring.
"Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't notice it."Arthur said embarrassed.
"Oh, don't be. Let's start again how about that?" I asked.
"Yes, i would like that"Arthur said relieved.
"Hi I'm YN and you are?" I said shaking his hand.
"Arthur"Arthur said still a little nervous.
"We should be friends"I said trying to break the tension,
"That would be nice,where are you working?" Arthur asked.
"The infirmary" I replied.
"Great, me too."Arthur said.
"Well I have to go, it was nice talking to you and see you in the infirmary" I said.
"Yeah, nice talking to you too and see you there" Arthur replied as I walked away.

I sat down next to Andy.
"Who was that love?" Andy asked.
"Oh, just Arthur." I said eating.
"Arthur?" Andy said.
"Oo someone sounds jealous." Nicky commented.
"No I'm not, but what did you talk about?" Andy asked.
"He asked me if I had a boyfriend" I replied.
"And what did you reply with?" Andy asked.
" I showed him my ring and we decided to be friends since we're going to be working together" I said
"Working together?" Andy said confused.
"Yeah in the infirmary." I replied.
"Oh ok"Andy said contentedly.

Months later......
We got sent off to deal with the opposition coming in, at us from a different angle but sadly we were the only survivors.
"Wait, there's a heartbeat" I stated.
"Where?"Joe asked.
"Doesn't matter we need to look for them" Andy said.
"Wait, it's a heartbeat a vampire would've when they're in transition."I said anxiously.

"Andy"Joe pointed.Andy came to look to see who it is,shocked when she saw who.I walked over but Andy blocked me.
"Maybe you can go get a blood bag"Andy said softly.
"I will but I want to see who-Arthur? No he can't"I said not believing it was him.

Moments later, he woke up and I gave him some blood, taught him control and gave him a daylight ring.but there has never been a vampire who hasn't killed.

There was an announcement stating we having to go to centre to hear an important message.
When we got there, we saw a box.
"These monsters lurk about feeding on the innocent but we found a way to stop them" a general said.Opening the door to the box, I saw Arthur. Without his daylight ring, he started to burn. I tried running to him but Andy held me back.Crying I watch my only friend burn and he's not an original so he won't come back.

Everyone was instructed to go back to their tents but we stayed. The team dealt with everything while I just cried over Arthur's burnt body.

"It's not your fault"Andy said sitting next to me.
"How is it not? He died twice because of me."
I sobbed.Andy just held me as I cried.
"You know, he was my first friend who wasn't supernatural" I said calming down.
"Really?" Andy said. I nodded my head.
"We should bury him"I said.
"We will"Andy replied.

Joe buried Arthur's body. I used my magic to make a headstone.
"We had a good run, you and I" I said tearing up. Andy joined me.
"He was a good man, the world deserves more people like him."She said.I nodded and Andy kissed my head.
"We gotta go"Andy said gently.I just nodded and followed her.