Chapter 5

Morgan

I got up early this morning and called James so that he could go down to the venue and make sure everything was looking how it was supposed to.

I cancelled my doctors appointment because I was feeling better and besides I didn't have the time to go.

Today is the day that I've been waiting for and that's all that matters. I'm so nervous but I'm not at the same time because I know what the outcome is going to be.

"Hi Mr. Harold" I sang as I walked to the entrance of the firm.

"Someone's in a great mood today" he smiled.

"The sun is shining as bright as I feel today" I smiled. "Why do they have you working on your day off?"

"Money has been a little tight so I'm doing all that I can to provide. You know how it is" he told me.

"Well I hope today treats you well."

"You as well" he smiled.

I got on the elevator and held the button so I could get directly to my floor.

Evaluations are in about 20 more minutes. I'm going to go in my office, make myself a double shot of espresso and finish packing my office up.

Today was going to be a good day.

"Good morning everyone" I smiled as I walked through the many cubicles so I could get to my office.

Normally people goof off because it's the weekends and there isn't much to do but everyone is on their A game today because they know that they're being watched.

Hopefully Max is fake working for his last day. Who am I kidding? He's probably in my office taking a nap as we speak.

He literally has nothing to lose since today is his last day.

The big bosses are coming down for evaluations and they like to know what everyone is doing. It's understandable though. If I had my own business, I wouldn't want people just standing around or playing with their fingers on company time. I'd want to see the numbers too!

I remember when I had a cubicle and a few promotions later I had my own office and with this promotion I will be one of the top dawgs on the top floor!

After this long journey I can't believe that today is the day. I looked over at my couch and Max was laying down as I expected.

I ignored him for a moment and took time to look around at my almost empty office.

Max told me it'd be a good idea to start getting my stuff packed little by little so I wouldn't be stressing about moving after they name me as partner.

It started with books and then eventually I broke my bookshelf down, I had my other furniture donated a couple of days ago because I want something new and fresh and now all I have left is my couch and my espresso machine and my computer desk and chair left to have moved upstairs.

I sat in my chair and spun around with pure joy in my heart.

"My life is about to start" I whispered to myself.

"Someone's in a good mood today" Max spoke, "I think I know why."

"I think you do too" I sang.

"Well at least someone around here is happy" he said, "I'm scared but I'm trying to be a man of my word so I have to be honest with Phil."

"The apartment is cleared out for you and you know the utilities are on. If you need any other help with anything whether it be emotionally or financially, I'm here for you. Never forget that."