One Night

HIS POV.
I walked in, looked around and found her lying on the bed. I went to her, laid beside her from her back and slid my arms around her. She held my hands to stop me from doing something else, as usual. But this time a little too tightly. Her nails dug into my flesh. It was hurting, but I didn't care. I was busy thinking about what happened to her. It was as if she was in pain, she wanted me beside her and to never leave her, but that couldn't be true. I didn't know what had happened to her and I was dying to ask her but not right now. I knew she was in a panic. So, I tightened my arms around her, kissed the back of her head and whispered into her ear "don't worry my love, you are safe now."

HER POV.
I was laying in bed, not knowing what I looked like or what time it was because I was busy crying. Sometime later I could feel someone's presence in the room but didn't have the audacity to turn around and look. So, I stayed there lying on the bed. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I instantly knew who it was. It was him. His flirty touch was enough for me to recognise him. I couldn't utter a word but a held his hand tightly. So tightly that my nails dug into his flesh. I knew it hurt but I didn't want him to leave me. I wanted him to stay with me forever. I had a fear of losing him too. As I was thinking about it I could feel his arms tightening around me. It was as if he'd heard my thoughts. He kissed the back of my head and whispered to me "don't worry my love, you are safe now." And indeed I felt safe. His touch and his reassuring voice made me feel safe. I haven't felt this safe in years. And soon everything went dark.