vi. sunrises

( August 17th, 2022. )

   After her announcement yesterday and replying to a few comments, Leah had turned her phone off completely. She hadn't wanted to see the negativity that she was bound to see.

   Fortunately enough, she had also been with Caitlin while she was typing up the post, which leads her to this moment, in Caitlin's apartment watching the sunrise on the balcony.

   She's holding a cup of green tea in her left hand, her right hand laying still on her thigh. Leah had slept over at Caitlin's house quite unexpectedly, so she needed to borrow some of her clothes. She's clad in one of the darker brunette's black and yellow Hawkeyes shirts that looks more like a dress, and spandex Nike shorts that Leah always brings with her just in case. Her hair is in a messy bun, as she was too lazy to do anything else with it.

  It's currently seven a.m., something that she both hates and loves. She wishes that she could've stayed in Caitlin's arms ( something new that she's been enjoying thoroughly ) for awhile longer, but watching the sunrise was something that rarely happened for Leah, so she took the opportunity.

  She's broken out of her thoughts by Caitlin opening the door, walking out of the apartment to sit down next to Leah. She's wearing running shorts and a USA Basketball t-shirt. Her dark hair is in a half bun on top of her head.

  "Hey," she greets, her voice a bit rough due to just waking up, then yawning before continuing, "Why are you up so early?"

  Leah shrugs, taking a sip of her tea. She can feel Caitlin's eyes on her face, and it makes her nervous. "I don't know, just couldn't go back to sleep, I guess."

  The girl makes an 'ah' noise, nodding in agreement. "Is it because of your post?"

  She turns her head to finally meet her eyes, blue meeting hazel. "Yeah, I think so."

  It's silent for a moment before Caitlin shuffles closer to Leah, tentatively wrapping her right arm around her. "Wanna talk about it?"

  Leah leans into her warm touch, closing her eyes contently, and then speaking. "It's just hard, being so public all the time. If I were anyone else, nobody would blink an eye, but because I'm Ryan Reynolds daughter, everyone suddenly feels like they're owed an opinion about it. Sometimes I just wish I was normal."

  Caitlin lets her rant, gently running her nails over the skin of Leah's arm. Once her words have sunken in, she finally speaks up. "People are always going to have something to say about you, famous or not. I wouldn't want you to be normal, ever. I wouldn't have met you if you were."

  She nods, pursing her lips in thought. "So you're glad you met me?" She teases, her hand going towards the one near her arm. She interlocks their fingers, squeezing gently.

  "Obviously. There's nothing I would change about this past month." She counters, smiling down at Leah, before saying something that the other girl doesn't quite catch.

  "Sorry, what was that?" Her head falls back onto Caitlin's shoulder, their faces mere inches apart.

  "Just that I may be catching feelings for you," she mumbles, but Leah understands it perfectly.

  "Really?" She whispers, eyes going towards the point guard's lips.

  Caitlin nods, moving forward until their foreheads are touching. She's the one that makes the first leap, hesitantly placing her lips onto Leah's. Once she feels the girl reciprocating the kiss, she moves her hand towards the side of her face.

  They kiss for what feels like an hour, before they finally separate, breathing hard into each other's mouths. "Wow," Leah mutters, raising her eyebrows.

  The dark brunette chuckles, placing a peck on Leah's lips before looking out at the sunrise, which has almost made it half way while they were making out. "Wow, indeed, Lee."

SKYE TALKS!
is this kiss too soon? maybe. but are they u-haul lesbians? yes.

this is not a slowburn people!!! they move FAST

anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter!! dont forget to vote and comment!! see you all next time.

(thank you for 1k reads btw, love you all)