000

Joy sat on the grass with her legs crossed doing her homework also listening to her friend , Erael talk about her sex life.

"... I'm not necessarily a whore but I got FOMO" , Erael said whilst smoking a cigarette

Joy wrote down her notes, "Erael , you are a whore". Joy wasn't abrasive but she didn't bother to lie unless she needed to

Erael scoffed, "I'm not driving you home , see you tomorrow" . She got up and dusted her pants throwing her cigarette on the ground

Joy looked up from her book and rolled her eyes, "Just because I told the truth". Joy didn't really like Erael but being in high school, she didn't want to be known as 'the girl with no friends' and it was just that moment Erael approached her.

"I don't even know why I'm friends with you", Erael huffed walking to her car and soon driving away leaving Joy alone in the park they met up in

It was almost six and Joy knew the walk home would get her in trouble because her curfew was at six.

She packed her books away and got up holding her tote bag in her hand.

She patted her pockets and took put her airpods and her phone. She connected her iPhone 8 to the airpods and selected a playlist on spotify to play and began her walk home.

15 minutes later , Joy opened the front door of the apartment she lived in with her mom.

Her mother, Jolene screamed her name as she got downstairs and soon faced her , "Solene , it's ten minutes after six, where have you been?". Joy brushed past her mother and walked up to her room plopping on her bed with a sigh.

Her mother soon barged in her room and began shouting her name. Joy sat upright pointing to her airpods but her mother continued to shout so she took them off.

"Mama , what ?", Joy huffed looking at her drunk mother

Joy was not a fan of her mother, her mother wasn't exactly loveable but Joy stayed with her because she was only 17. And even though her mother wasn't pleasant, she loved her and she knew her mother loved her too.

Her giving Joy a curfew said enough, she cared.

Jolene scoffed walking up to Joy and faced her ,"You come back late and ask me what , I'll tell you what". She started off

"As soon as you turn 18 , I want you out!" , She said making Joy roll her eyes and move her face further from her mother's only for Jolene to move closer

Joy took a deep breath in , "Back up". She warned her mother

Jolene moved her face closer to Joy's and began to laugh as Joy's face scruched up from the smell of alcohol.

Joy held her Jolene's face in her hands before banging her head against her mother's , "Get the fuck out my room" . She pushed her mother off her

Jolene walked out banging the door.

"Hate that bitch", Joy mumbled

She stripped out of her clothes grabbing a towel and toothbrush walking to the bathroom.

She brushed her teeth, washed her face and showered before slipped on underwear and pajama shorts.

Her phone rang reading , '...Erael' , she answered.

"Hi", she sighed

Erael cleared her throat , "Sorry for leaving you at the park"

Joy rolled her eyes, "It's fine. See you tomorrow". She ended the call

She plugged her phone and airpod case in the charger before slipping into her bed and falling asleep.