Chapter 12

The month of June rolled around, and warm temperatures approached Forks, Washington. I woke up from my bed and stretched my arms wide. Another day of school, yet it was closer to the last. I got up and plugged in my headphones. I played music in my ears as I got ready. I soon ate my breakfast, and went outside to see that handsome boy standing by my truck.

     "Hey, beautiful." he said with a smirk.

     "Hi, handsome." I smiled.

     He gave me a small peck on the lips, and we hopped into my truck. I drove us both to the school, and when we got out he said his goodbyes and went back to the reservation. I got to know Edward a little better, and he commented on my scent once.

     "You smell like a wet dog," he said plainly, "You have one or something?"

     Yeah, my boyfriend and you are mortal enemies, "No, I don't have one." I said.

     "Weird." he mumbled.

     He still didn't know that I was with Jacob, and that I knew they were all vampires. It was a secret that I had to keep, up until Edward decided to talk to me after school. I was standing by my truck putting my bag in the passenger seat when he came up behind me.

     "Hey, Y/N." he greeted.

     "Oh hey, Edward." I turned to see him.

     "I wanted to tell you," he sighed, "I know you know."

     My eyes widened, "What?"

     "You know my family and I are... you know."

     "Vampires?" I whispered.

     He nodded his head in agreement.

     "Okay, yeah. I know you guys are." I said.

     "And I know you hang around with them." he looked up, staring behind me.

     I turned to see Jacob's wolf form deep within the treeline. His honey eyes could be made out, but mistaken for another animal. He was watching over me like a guardian angel.

     "I'm just letting you know now," Edward continued, "I won't hurt you."

     "... okay. Wait, do you know anything about those 3 vampires killing people?"

     "That's what I came to warn you about. They're targeting you now."

     "I think that's pretty obvious, yeah. They already attacked me a couple weeks ago."

     Edwards' face grew worried when I said that.

     "Listen, I can feel the anger radiating off of Jacob-" I said.

     "No, I know. I know what he's thinking." he chuckled.

     "What?"

     "I can read minds as a vampire, but... for some strange reason, I can't read yours." he looked into my eyes in confusion trying to figure me out.

     "....right. Well, thanks for the warning, I guess." I said shutting the passenger side door.

     "Yeah." he said as he took one last glance at Jacob, and walked off.

     I jumped in my truck and threw my bag in the passenger side. I then turned the truck on, and left school immediately. As I was driving I could see Jacob's wolf figure running beside the truck in the woods. He was protecting me in a creative way, and I thought it was fun, until it wasn't. I looked over to Jacob with a small smile, only to realize he wasn't just keeping me safe. He was chasing something. As soon as I finished my thought, the ginger vampire ran out from the woods, looked right at me, but kept running as she saw a pack of giant wolves chasing her. It was like a stampede the way that they ran across from me. I slammed on my brakes, and let them continue the chase.