XI. Ansel Arden

A FEW DAYS LATER, around lunchtime. Elias was reviewing the abacus with Richard as he was lying on the bed. Richard was not a friendly teacher, but he was pretty good at teaching.

"What about 569-192?"

Elias diligently calculated the problem given by Richard's by using the abacus. "367, right?"

Then Richard silently moved one of the abacus beads.

Only then did Elias realize that he was wrong and corrected himself. "377!"

At that time, they heard a knock.

When Elias gave permission, the maid came in right away and said, "Count Arden and his son are here."

Richard's face hardened when heard that name, his eyes became strangely vigilant. "What about them?"

"The Count said he was greatly indebted to Young Master, and he wanted to formally thank him. So, the Count arranged a luncheon for Young Masters."

"Arden?" Elias tilted his head, wondering who they were. He felt that he heard it somewhere, but it was an unfamiliar name.

Richard noticed his confusion, he said, "Ansel Arden."

It was only then that Elias remembered whose name it was. It was the name of the boy who was bullied by Christian on the hunting ground a few days ago.

"Would you like to have your hair done, Young Master?"

"Uhmm..okay." Elias touched his quite long hair that was quite messy and stood up, leaving the abacus.

At that time, Richard grabbed Elias's arm. "I'll go too." Richard's face was somehow displeased as he said that.

Elias looked at Richard with bewildered eyes.

"Where are you going when you're still sick? Just rest here. I'll greet them on your behalf." Elias walked into the dressing room with the maids, leaving Richard behind.

Richard looked at his back with a sulky look. Soon after, a rustling sound was heard in the dressing room. The sound of the maids talking, the rustling cloth, and so on. Richard's eyes were looking at the book, but he couldn't read anything.