chapter 4👑

"Doesn't he remember me?" The prince lay on the bed on his stomach, speaking to himself with a huge pout on his lips.

"But... but he promised me that he would never forget me," he added, his eyes now glistening with tears, threatening to fall.

"Cooky, what do you think? Did he really forget me?" the prince asked his stuffed plushie, his voice cracking.

"Was I a fool to wait for him... for years?" he further asked, barely in a whisper, tears moistening the baby skin of his chubby cheeks. He hugged his plushie, hoping it could calm him down.

The morning arrived, and the servants entered the royal chamber of the prince, softly waking their cute prince. After lots of whining, the prince woke up, was bathed, and dressed in new clothes: a white shirt and jeans capris. He had to attend an event, a summer festival today at a college as a chief guest.

"Alexa, play the radio," the prince ordered.

"Turning on the radio."

"Good morning, Korea. How are my listeners? Let's begin our day with positivity and enthusiasm. I am your RJ Kim Jenni."

"Yes, today is Jenni noona's day. Only my favorite noona can lift up my mood," the prince said to himself while getting ready and listening to the RJ. This RJ was the prince's favorite. He loved listening to her every Wednesday and Saturday. The prince wished to meet such a great lady but never got a chance.

"I know many of you are struggling with your life. Many want to give up, many want to stop trying, but remember we don't know what the future holds for us. Keep trying, keep pushing yourself. I promise you will see the result. Be positive and start your day with positivity.

So, my lovely listeners, let's start this day with one of the quotes of Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist: 'And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.'"

"Yes, noona is right. I should try. I should make hyungie remember me. I will make hyungie remember me," the prince said to himself in determination, with a fist showing how determined he was.

"I love you noona. Thank you so much," the prince said to no one in particular, smiling.

The prince was soon ready for the day.

"Good morning, Your Royal Highness," a deep velvety voice wished the prince. There stood Kim Taehyung in all his glory, looking deep into the eyes of the prince.

The prince felt his heart beating, and his blood rushing towards his cheeks. The elder had this much effect on the prince. Taehyung stood there with no expression, just his patent frown indicating his seriousness towards his job. The suit fit his body perfectly, hugging his arms and thighs, and the bunny prince was checking him out shamelessly while gulping.

Taehyung noticed all of this.

"Ahem," the bodyguard cleared his throat to bring the prince back to reality, and it did. Jungkook immediately looked down while biting his lower lip.

"His Royal Highness, it's time to leave," the bodyguard informed sternly in his deep voice.

"Ye... yes," the prince stuttered while looking everywhere but at Taehyung. He was just caught checking out his guard.

The prince left his chamber with Taehyung. When he came out of his grand door, he was soon surrounded by almost 10 bodyguards, with heavy guns in their hands and black suits.

Taehyung was walking with the prince. When other guards surrounded them, he parted from the prince and started walking at a distance. Jungkook felt his hyungie moving away from him. He immediately stopped; the guards froze at their positions, even those who were in front of the prince also stopped.

The prince always enjoys this. He took 2 steps forwards, and the guards did too. Then he took two steps backward, and the guards did too, then to the left, and the guards did too. A giggle was heard, the most beautiful sound coming from the prince. The prince was giggling while scrunching his nose.

Then he remembered why he stopped. He saw Taehyung standing to his right at a distance, looking forward with a straight back. He moved to his right to reach Taehyung but saw all the guards moving to the right, and so did Taehyung, thus moving away from the prince. The prince didn't like it this time. He didn't like Taehyung moving away from him. He frowned with a pout. Then he opened his right arm to reach Taehyung and saw his hand could reach the elder. He grabbed the bicep of the elder; already stiff Taehyung became even more stiff at the contact but didn't look at the prince. The prince's pout deepened. He pulled the elder, causing him to slightly trip, but he managed to stand and looked at the prince.

"You belong here... with me," the prince said with a grin, looking at the elder.

Taehyung's breath hitched, but he managed to look unbothered.

Then they started moving towards the lift to reach the ground floor of the palace. The prince didn't move away his hands that encircled the muscular arm of his bodyguard.

"Koo, don't panic, don't panic. But how can I not? My hand is on his muscular arm. We are looking like a couple. Oh my lord. I am freaking out. No no Koo, be strong, be strong, you can do it." Jungkook was freaking out inside his head but being a strong bunny prince he is, he managed not to show it outside.

The lift was grand; even a chandelier was decorated on the roof. The prince didn't want anybody inside the lift except his Taehyungie hyung, and thus he ordered the guards to take another lift. They were too afraid to defy the prince.

Taehyung was stiff, trying not to come to terms with the fact that the prince was attached to him like a leech.

They both entered the lift.

"His Royal Highness... if you can... you know," Taehyung formed the words with difficulty, hoping the prince would detach himself from his arm.

"Oh... I am sorry, hyungie, if I made you uncomfortable," the prince said in a small voice, looking down, immediately detaching himself from the elder. Now Taehyung felt guilty, looking at the prince. He took a deep sigh.

Suddenly the lift stopped in mid-track with a jerk. Taehyung cursed under his breath. It was the last thing he wanted, a lift to break down. He saw the prince, who was hyperventilating; then he remembered the prince is claustrophobic.

"His Royal Highness," he called, but the prince was already sweating, with a shaking body.

"His Highness," he called again, with his own shaking hand approaching to touch the prince. He didn't have the strength to touch royalty. With great difficulty, he grabbed the prince with his arms and shook him gently. His own shaking hands soon stopped trembling as worry for the prince clouded his mind .

"Jungkook, look at me," he said, and the prince opened his doe eyes to meet the two familiar brown eyes. His eyes filled with big fat tears.

"H...Hyu...hyungie," he called out in a whisper with wobbly lips.

The scene broke the elder's heart.

The prince suddenly laced himself with the elder, taking the breath away from the elder.

Jungkook snuggled into the chest of the elder, trying to calm down by calmly smelling the manly scent of the elder.

Taehyung was dumbfounded. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he could hug the younger back or not. Then he decided it was not important at this moment.

"Don't be afraid , Koo. Hyungie is here, hyungie will protect you," the elder drew soothing circles on the back of the younger to calm him down.

And when those words left the lips of the elder, Jungkook froze. This sentence was too precious for him to forget. Yes, it was the same sentence that he heard 16 years ago from the same person. The younger felt the need to cry in the arms of the elder, and he did. He cried, and the elder didn't know what to do other than hug the younger.

The lift started again, and soon they reached the ground floor. The lift opened, and the guards waiting for the prince witnessed the scene with wide eyes, their prince hugging his personal bodyguard like his life depended on him. Well, for Jungkook, it wasn't a lie.