33.

Veer stared aimlessly as he sat on the temple stairs. He is lost in his thoughts thinking about everything that had happened a few hours ago and now everything changed in his life.

From having everything to losing everything and now here he is without any roof over their head with his one and only hope, his wife.

He is not sad because he left everything just worried for Preet. How will she manage and live with him like this with no facilities?

"Here eat this. You shouldn't stay hungry for so long. You are still not fully recovered," Preet said, coming near him and sitting beside him. He looks at her and is surprised to see her smiling face as she forwards Prasad to him.

When he didn't move, her smile fell. Sighing softly she took a small bite near his lips and silently pleaded to him to eat.

Seeing her pleading, he opened his lips and ate from her hand. After eating a few bites he stopped her holding her wrist.

"Now eat the rest," he told her.

"But you need-" he glared at her, making her shut up.

Her chin trembles thinking he is still angry with her for everything that happened with them and he is blaming her as she is the one who signed the contract. 

She looked down to hide her tear-filled eyes. But hearing her low sniffing Veer looked at her.

"Preet.." He softly called her but she didn't move her face up.

"What happens? Tell me please,.." he asked gently, caressing her head.

She looked up and wiped her tears making his heart tighten in pain looking at her tears.

"I am sorry…" she murmured in her broken voice and sniffed.

He frowned and lightly wiped her wet cheeks due to tears.

"But Why?" he asked sweetly in a soft tone as if he was talking with a baby.

"It's happened because of me. You lost everything you earned. But trust me…I was helpless. I just want you to be okay," she sobbed as he cupped her face but furrowed his eyebrow not getting what she wanted to say.

"I understand and I trust you, Preet. But these things are not in our hands, right? Why are you saying like this?" She shakes her head and hiccup up.

"You need blood, Veer. And the hospital didn't have your blood type at that time. I asked Choti Ma and she told me Choti Papa has the same blood group as yours. But she put the condition and asked me to sign some papers. I was scared and panicked at that time so I signed them without looking at them. I was just worried about you and wanted you to be fine at any cost. I didn't know she woul-" She told him everything while sobbing.

"Shh… I am not angry with you. I would do the same if I were in your place. Now don't cry. It hurts seeing tears in these beautiful eyes," she sobs more thinking how lucky she is to have him. He is so good and caring.

She closes her a when he leans to her and places his lips on her head, silently comforting her.

As he moves back to look at her cute innocent face with her red cheeks and nose, he smiles at her.

"I should be sorry for failing as a husband. See where I bought you. Now we are homeless," She glare at him with her puffy eyes and said,

"We are not homeless. We just don't have a shelter over our head but we have a home. You are my home and I will be your home. And everything will be alright, " she whispered looking into his beautiful ocean eyes and hugged him.