[25]The Right Choice?⚠️

(Two week time jump)

I stand helping Emily with food for the boys.
In the time I've been here I have gotten along with the pack and Emily.
Leah still doesn't like me.
I would go as far as saying she hates me.

"For you to not eat you sure know how to cook." Emily says with a kind smile as she puts the chicken in the oven.
I shrug my shoulders.
"My mother always told me to know how to cook to feed my family, no husband should starve because you want to be a boy. Then when I turned I kept practicing and it payed off I guess as Bella is human and well..."

"So is embry, kinda." She rises an eyebrow at me.

"Yes." I nod as I add the macaroni in the oven next.
"You said she told you to practice because you wanted to be a boy?." She tilted her head, leaning against the kitchen counter.
"Yes, back when I was human I wasn't very lady like, I loved to play football with my brothers and roll around in the mud, my mother used to get so mad at me for getting my dresses dirty." I chuckle sadly.

"Sounds to me like a good sister who played with her brothers and wanted to be free, nothing wrong with that."

I nod at her words as I leave out the kitchen and to the table to set plates down for the boys and Leah.

As I walk in the room I can feel the glare of Leah and Jacob.
Jacob stands and walk out the house.
I sigh as I put the last plate down.
Embry gets up and comes to my side and rubs my shoulder.
"It's okay." He said and I nod.
"I'm fine." I smile at him and then kiss his check.
I see the blood rush to his cheeks making me smile as I turn and walk back into the kitchen.

I can hear the boys teasing embry as I go.
Emile smirks at me making me laugh.
"What?." I asked

"Nothing it's just when you first came here you never smiled or laughed and barely wanted to show much affection to embry but now seems you two can't stay away from each other which makes me think you have chosen between Edward and Bella or embry." She takes the stuff out the oven as I stand there.

I don't think I have chosen if anything I'm confused and making things more difficult as days go by.

I should talk to my mates but isn't technically embry my mate too?.
This is confusing.

"You okay?." Emily asked me snapping me out of my head.
I smile politely and nod "yes let me help you." I say and grab the chicken from her hands and walk to sit it on the table.
"Boys food." I say as Emily walks in with the other side dishes.

"Wow this is like thanksgiving!." Seth said as he sat down.
"Sorry is it to much?." I asked folding my hands and standing straight.
"It's fine Mortica." Sam says as he kiss Emily and sits down.
"Yeah dark lord this is great." Paul said starting to stack his plate.
I laugh at the nickname as I fix embry his plate and sit it down in front of him.
"Thank you." He smiles as I sit next to him and he grabs my hand as I lean into him.
"Wow this is so good Emily and Mortica." Quill said making the others nod too as they ate.

"I'm glad."

"I didn't think vampires could cook." Leah said with a frown on her face.
She looks at me and then back to her food.

"Well I practiced and I've been cooking since I was human." I answer.
"Why?." Jared asked me.
"I don't know why I kept doing it but I know why I started, because of my mother she told me to learn how to cook to feed my future husband no man would want a woman who doesn't know how to cook."

"I forget your old." Paul said "I will have you know I'm only 99 years old." I glare at him.
He laughs loudly.
"Yes my bad." He rolls his eyes.

"I think you look good for your age." Embry whispers to me with a smirk on his face.
I know that if I still had blood rushing through my body I would blush at his flirting.