Chapter 2: After School

Where is he?

Emma looked at the time on her phone.

School has been over for fifteen minutes and she was still standing outside the school. Specifically picking a spot no one ever went to or could easily see.

"Emma" a voice said from behind her, startling her. She jumped and spun around to see Liam looking at her with wide eyes. "Didn't mean to scare you" he said putting his hands up.

She sighed. "Yeah. Where have you been?"

"Doesn't matter. You ready to go?"

Emma cocked her brow at him. She was starting to regret ever talking to him. He was like a different person with her.

"Sure" she said under her breath, following after him as he strode past her.

He opened the door to his red car with black tinted windows and got in the driver's seat, waiting for Emma to get in.

Emma took a deep breath before she sat down in Liam Hanson's car. It smelt like some fancy cologne straight out of a dream.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked, glancing at her sidelong.

Emma blinked, giving him a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."

She still couldn't believe what was happening. She was in Liam Hanson's car. Fifteen-year-old Emma would be squealing out of pure joy. But she forced herself to remain calm as she pressed her back against the leather car seat.

Emma gaped at Liam's obnoxiously large house. It even had a fucking fountain in the front yard. "Jesus" she whispered.

"Enormous, right?" Liam said from beside her.

She let out a nervous laugh. "Very much so."

He led her to the inside of his house, and she was surprised to see an older woman greet her. "And who might you be, dear?" the woman smiled.

Emma returned her smile. "I'm Emma."

"Nice to meet you, Emma. I'm Mary, the housekeeper" Mary said, nodding at Emma, then to Liam. "Welcome home, Liam."

Liam offered a half smile before walking to the stairs.

Emma followed him, still looking around at the fanciness of his "house." It was like a castle to her. An elegant maze.

"This is my room" he said, opening a door with his name painted on it in cursive. "Come on in."

Emma stepped in and was surprised to see that his room was nothing like the rest of the house. Posters covered his walls, clothes and books were scattered all over the floor, old bags from fast food places were still on his bed. She scrunched her nose at the smell.

"Sorry for the mess" he sighed, sounding almost embarrassed.

"Oh, it's fine" Emma said, waving her hand.

He walked over to his bed and went to shove the bags off his bed when Emma stopped him without thinking. "How about instead of pushing trash aside, we put it where it should be?"

Liam paused, giving her a puzzled look.

Emma shook her head. "Where are your trash bags?"

After the two of them, mainly Emma, finished picking up the endless amount of trash that was all around Liam's room, she helped him get his clothes up off the floor and at least into his closet, then organized his books for him.