Chapter 2 - Domain

Wilhelm was sleeping soundly in his tent when Mary came in and nudged him with her boot.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Wilhelm exclaimed.

"Get dressed then." Mary said as she dumped his uniform on his bed and went out again.

"So cruel!" Wilhelm teased, Mary chuckled. She waited outside while Wilhelm put on his uniform. Then a crowd of about 20 men and women approached the tent, Mary was slightly concerned with the amount of people present.

"Hello, are you the noble's maid." One asked.

"Yes, I am." Mary confirmed.

"We were wondering where he was since we want to join his army." Another said.

"I am here." Wilhelm said as he got out of his tent. All the people saluted at the sight of Wilhelm. "What's all this for mary?"

"They want to join the Army, sir." She said. 

"I see." Wilhelm said, slightly concerned. He knew that people want to go into the army for glory and adventure. But as he knew very well, it was just iron, blood and death. However, as he looked at the people in front of him, he observed that there was a sense of seriousness and fearlessness in the people's eyes. 

"Mary find Aires for me." Wilhelm commanded. Mary obeyed and went of to the Lieutennant's tent. "Do you all understand the risks of being drafted into the army?" 

"Of course sir." One of the civillians said.

"The Visea Kingdom has neglected many small towns in the area including ours. By joining you we can defend against bandits and monsters." Another said.

Wilhelm nodded and Aires approached Wilhelm. 

"Good Morning sir." Aires greeted. "Who are these?" He then gestured to the crowd.

"New recruits Lieutennant. Have you found Luke Legantir?" v asked.

"Yes sir, he's in his workshop with his staff." Aires reported.

"OK, good. I suggest you promote the men you took with you from the capital to sergeants. Have them lead a squad of men each." Wilhelm commanded. "It is your resonsibility to see that these people are equipped and are trained to a proper standard." 

"Of course sir." Aires said as he saluted. Wilhelm then went into the town with Mary following shortly behind. Wilhelm approached a small building with 2 stories and knocked on the door. A man with light brown hair and stuble opened the door and shook Wilhelm warmly by the hand. 

"William! So good to see you again! Please come in." The man greeted warmly. After Mary told the man that William had changed his name to Wilhelm the man introduced himself as Luke Legantir: talented inventor and economist. 

"Thank you Luke. Now tell me, how much equipment have you and your workers produced?" Wilhelm, asked as he wished to equip his new soldiers.  

"We've got enough equipment for about 50 soliders." Luke said. "Don't ask me how much ammunition we have since we've lost count." Wilhelm then observed the masses of crates stacked as tall as the ceiling. 

"That's fantastic! Make sure those supplies get to Lieutennant Aires." Wilhelm commanded.

"Of course sir." Luke acknowledged. Then one of Wilhelm's men rushed inside. He saluted to Wilhelm and he told him that a large group of people had gathered at the edge of the town. 

"Do you know who they are?" Wilhelm asked.

"They said they were builders and construction workers sir, sent by the Villiers trade guild." The soldier said. Wilhelm expressed his wish to meet them and Mary handed him his cape. It was blue with red and white acsents and designs to match Wilhelm's uniform. Wilhelm thanked Mary, put on his cape, and went off to greet the builders. When he approached the group he was greeted warmly by the head builder: Smasher.