Chapter 10 - Casus Beli

A month and a half had passed. In the Bavarian capital of Troyrenaile the usual was amiss. Leopold was worrying about the delay in Wilhelm's reply and rumours of Prussian scouts on the border. Alfreda was getting used to the Hussar uniform. She had dyed her hair and styled her hair so she wouldn't be recognised, and totally not because she thought it looked cool.

 She had dyed her hair and styled her hair so she wouldn't be recognised, and totally not because she thought it looked cool

Teila was in limbo, impatient for Wilhelm's reply. However, not all was not usual as Lady had just returned to the city to meet with a Bavarian Hussar.

The Hussar was a Rabbit Faunus with two ears. She went by her nickname, Hess. Lady spotted the Hussar and went over to her in a dark alley, the Black and silver Death's Head shako perched quite snuggly between Hess' two ears.

[Colonel, Commander, Captain, Lieutennant, Standard] 

"Good morning Hess I have news from Berlin." Lady informed.

"Thank goodness, Teila has been worrying all day. Is the news good?" Hess asked, worried and in suspense. 

"Indeed, you best open this it since I don't want to risk my identity being discovered." Lady suggested as she handed the Hussar a letter. Hess nodded and opened the letter and recited it's contense.

I King Wilhelm I are most joyus and gratefull for Princess Teila's support. I, on behalf of my government, people and nation happily welcome her highness' support of the Bavarian Hussars. And thus I promise, that in the event of Prussia annexing Bavaria, Princess Teila has the right to the office as governess of Bavaria under the German Banner. 

I am looking forward to working with you Teila

Wilhelm I

"Teila is going to be so pleased. Please thank Wilhelm for us!" Hess exclaimed.

"Ssshhh! Keep your voice down, but yes I shall convey that to his majesty. Stay tuned for further orders." Lady informed. They then parted ways and Hess went back to the Bavarian palace and found Teila and Alfreda sparring together. Alfreda had been getting used to the Hussars uniform and had enjoyed sparring with Teila. Teila in turn, admired Alfreda's skills which rivaled her own. And not just her swordsmanship but her strength and dedication aswell. No wonder Wilhelm loved her.