"long time, no see"

lemme know if u spot any errors!!

"morning!" a polite smile played on my lips as I greeted the elder lady, who happened to be a friend of mines since I was younger and as I was growing up we would spend lots of quality time together, baking.

taking my time, I glanced down on my wrist watch, quickly approaching the entrance of the new café, which in fact had opened not too long ago in my neighbourhood.

stepping inside, a pleasant scent of freshly made coffee instantly hit my nose, my eyes trailing over to the baby blue coloured furniture filling the space.

it's interior was modern, while it surprisingly had vintage touches and decorations filling the place. main decoration were the green plants on every corner and wall of the small café. I also noticed how the marble floor was glistening, not an ounce of dirt being spotted, along with the ordering area, although having no employee in sight, everything was in place and well presentable.

it was quite early in the morning, hence why many sits were empty, and the work was pretty slow. I believe I was one of the first costumers to enter today, which honestly satisfied me as a not really people's person. I preferred my comfortable silence and the not so crowded places.

still having a tight hold onto my book in my embrace, I pulled the light blue painted chair back, taking a seat and sliding it forward, getting comfortable, pulling a dyed strand of hair behind my ear.

letting a sigh, I moved my shoulders at the music faintly playing though the vinyl player, carefully setting my book on the table, close to the small pot with orchids and crossing my hands infront of me.

I let my fingers graze over the pages of my book, leaning in to savour the woody scent of them; the only scent always helping my brain relax, at the same time the rush of wanting to already begin with reading sweeping me off my feet.

my eyes trailed above each word and phrase unstoppably, as my body unconsciously had leaned more onto the table, my face almost getting stuffed into the treasure's pages.

"is it that good?" a silky, voice exclaimed from beside me, as my silly self was so lost into the books plot, I didn't even take notice of them coming my way.

jumping in my seat, my eyes hurried to trace the face of the mysterious person, making a quick note in my head to be more responsible while reading.

with rosy cheeks, my gaze fell upon a short blonde girl throwing a smile my way having amusement plastered clear on her face. furrowing my eyebrows, I took a better look at her features, noticing how intense and clear the blue was in her eyes.

her hand went to scratch the back of her head, careful not to mess her bun, smoothing her bangs afterwards and letting a few more strands fall and frame her face beautifully.

I broke out of my daydreaming, trying my best not to gawk too hard over her natural beauty, since it was clear she hadn't used many makeup products on her glowing face.

"what'd you like to order, miss?" she took a step forward, smirking softly as she got her notepad ready.

I nervously tapped my foot on the floor, letting her know how I wanted my hot chocolate. taking a note of my order, she nodded glancing briefly in my eyes before smiling and trailing off to begin making my chocolate.